Bug with 55.56 drivers with GeForce Ti 4400 ?

Old February 25th 04, 08:29 PM
Corwin [anti-spam]

Default Bug with 55.56 drivers with GeForce Ti 4400 ?

Since I installed the last beta on with leadteck A250 I have huge slowdown
after standby which lead me to reset the computer.
Did someone else noticed such thing ?

See message below

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( nview_info ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be
able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
Support for details. The following information is part of the event: NVIEW :
plusmpix: WAIT_TIMEOUT: (process 0x334) (thread 0xf70) (wait 0x9) (pwait
0x4) WindowManager.cpp 2861

Old February 25th 04, 09:40 PM
John Lewis

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:29:42 +0100, "Corwin [anti-spam]"
wrote:

Since I installed the last beta on with leadteck A250 I have huge slowdown
after standby which lead me to reset the computer.
Did someone else noticed such thing ?

See message below

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( nview_info ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be
able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
Support for details. The following information is part of the event: NVIEW :
plusmpix: WAIT_TIMEOUT: (process 0x334) (thread 0xf70) (wait 0x9) (pwait
0x4) WindowManager.cpp 2861

55.56 is a BETA release, not intended for PUBLIC CONSUMPTION.
Actually stolen non-disclosure code............Most beta releases
have had no QC whatsoever; they are intended to test various
specific features. Complete Beta releases specifically intended
for QC are normally designed in internal release documentation with
the suffix RC ( RC1, RC2 etc ) as Release Candidates. Numerical
codes such as 55.56 or 5.5.5.6 etc mean nothing without
documentation explaining their significance.

Caveat Emptor..... let the buyer (user) beware.............

Also, unofficial beta drivers may leave residual probe or test code
that Driver Cleaner and/or subsequent installs of official releases
may not be able to purge and which may cause system instabilities
or crashes.

Have a happy system reinstall.... :-) :-)

Before ever installing a Beta release of any driver or application ,
it is mandatory to fully back up your system partition, preferably
using Drive image 7 or similar. ( Do not trust System Restore )
Unless you get masochistic pleasure in System re-installs.

John Lewis

Old February 25th 04, 10:17 PM
Bruce Tyler

wrote:

[...]

Plus the fact that he is running 50.xx drivers with a Ti series card.
From what the guys in this newsgroup tell me that 50 series drivers
have dropped total support for Ti series cards...

A few weeks ago I wanted to play Virtual Skipper 3. After firing it up
I got the message that a minimum of 52.16 drivers were needed. I was
using a Ti4200 Leadtek with 41.09 drivers and after making a ghost
backup of my system, I installed 53.06 drivers... Ok, the game ran but
I got lines appearing acrose the screen all of a sudden. My system
became, not unstable but a little unusable... Needles to say too, I
ghost back the backup I made...

Maybe you are suffering the same sort of symptom...
Old February 25th 04, 11:31 PM
Robert

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:29:42 +0100, "Corwin [anti-spam]"
wrote:
I've only had the 55.56 drivers for a day but I have had no problems
with my TI 4400. COD, and bf1942 are fine. It's always come back
from standby for me.

Old February 26th 04, 12:21 AM
DaveW

For stability with that older card I would recommend using the 45.23 driver.

--
DaveW

"Corwin [anti-spam]" wrote in
message ...

:

Old February 26th 04, 11:55 AM
Larry L.

Plus the fact that he is running 50.xx drivers with a Ti series card.
From what the guys in this newsgroup tell me that 50 series drivers
have dropped total support for Ti series cards...

That's not correct. While some people may experience various levels of
success and/or performance with the newer drivers, it is absolutely not true
that the 50 series don't support earlier cards like the GF4 Ti cards. These
are unified drivers -- a single package for all GF cards.

In my personal experience, the 50 series drivers fix numerous issues on my
GF4 Ti4600 cards -- i.e. they result in FEWER problems than the 40 series
drivers.

Larry

Old February 26th 04, 07:17 PM
John Lewis

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:55:16 GMT, "Larry L."
wrote:

Plus the fact that he is running 50.xx drivers with a Ti series card.
From what the guys in this newsgroup tell me that 50 series drivers
have dropped total support for Ti series cards...

That's not correct. While some people may experience various levels of
success and/or performance with the newer drivers, it is absolutely not true
that the 50 series don't support earlier cards like the GF4 Ti cards. These
are unified drivers -- a single package for all GF cards.

In my personal experience, the 50 series drivers fix numerous issues on my
GF4 Ti4600 cards -- i.e. they result in FEWER problems than the 40 series
drivers.

If you intend to play Far Cry, the 53.03 drivers are the only drivers
currently recommended for the complete nVidia series. And the
Cat3.9 drivers for the Ati series.

( Reading from the "empty-box" sales-tickler )

John Lewis

Larry

Old February 26th 04, 11:27 PM
tq96

55.56 is a BETA release, not intended for PUBLIC CONSUMPTION.

I see FUD like this in this group all the time. Just because a driver set
does not show up at nvidia.com does not make it a BETA driver. Most
releases like this come from OEMs in which NVidia QC has given its seal of
approval for release to their customers.
Old February 28th 04, 07:27 AM
John Lewis

On 26 Feb 2004 17:27:13 -0600, tq96 wrote:

55.56 is a BETA release, not intended for PUBLIC CONSUMPTION.

I see FUD like this in this group all the time. Just because a driver set
does not show up at nvidia.com does not make it a BETA driver. Most
releases like this come from OEMs in which NVidia QC has given its seal of
approval for release to their customers.

In the case of 56.56, you are perfectly correct... and
56.56 has now been WHQL certified too (winXP/2000 only)

eVGa has uploaded it to their website.
Here is the Release Note summary on the eVGA website:-

Driver Version: 56.56 - eVGA.com Suggested Download
Auto Installer: Yes
WHQL: Yes
Driver File: 5656XP_WHQL.exe
Notes: These drivers are Microsoft WHQL certified for Windows 2000
and Windows XP. They contain a significant number of updates.

Corrected the following issues:

Corrects problems with custom Direct3D profiles
Corrects problems with custom OpenGL profiles
Corrects problems with the game Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness
Corrects problems with Dualview secondary montior support
Corrects OpenGL issues with 3D Paint 2001, Maya 5.0, and Studio Tools
11
Corrected problem with setup where users could see the error message
"error loading nview.dll; access is denied"
Corrected texture corruption issues with RenderWare Studio
Corrected problems with Command and Conquer Generals
Corrected problems with Armies of eXigo
Corrected problems with Command and Conquer Zero Hour
Corrected system crash problem with Final Reality
Corrected problems with full screen spanning in Windows 2000
Corrected antialiasing issues in Flight Simulator 2004
Corrected font problems in Jedi Knight 2
Corrected performance issues with NASCAR 2003 Season
Corrected various rendering problems on Digital LCD monitors
Corrected problems with Big Mutha Truckers
Corrected performance issues with Splinter Cell
Corrected image problems with Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Corrected overclocking/auto overclocking through the control panel

However, in the past 2.5 months, between 53.03 and
56.56 there have been a bunch of obvious "beta-leaks"
also.

John Lewis