starting problem with 5500r 6/200

Old October 29th 03, 11:16 PM

Default starting problem with 5500r 6/200

I have problems with my 5500r 4*200 PPro.
What I think what happend:
A week ago I rebooted the 5500r but left in the POST with "Press F1 to
continue". A day or so later it was automaticly powered off! And I think it
said something like "system powered off" on the diag LCD.

Then I had problems switching it back on, so I pulled out some cards and
boards and reseated them, but to no avail.
Later I found out that is was a bad case switch which worked only when
pressed real hard.

After shortening the case switches it powered up, but no picture, no diag
screen on the front LCD, nothing.
I see that the internal LEDs near the connector panel on the back do some
blinking, but I have no documentation about what they mean.
The two installed VRMs are "green" on the cpu board too.

Anything else I might try?

--
I am root. If you see me laughing, you better have a backup.

GA7N400 Pro (not Pro2) problem - advice requested Eddie B. Gigabyte Motherboards 4 January 8th 05 03:17 PM
Help needed with unidentified problem ^MisterJingo^ General 3 November 23rd 04 06:45 AM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
This problem has baffled everyone... Nick G General 46 May 22nd 04 04:01 AM
help with refresh problem please Michelle Ati Videocards 15 November 27th 03 04:01 AM