SMC8020TM (etherEZ with modem) modem wiring

Old December 26th 03, 09:43 AM
torefa

Default SMC8020TM (etherEZ with modem) modem wiring

Hi,
Sorry for multiple group post.
I have a SMC8020TM. It is a network and modem PCMCIA card for laptops.
It is from SMC (www.smc.com) and is called "etherEZ with modem card"
or something similar. To use the modem, one needs a so called "modem
connection module". This module is consisted of a cable with a 15-pin
connector at one end, and a female RJ11 connector at the other end of
the cable. The 15-pin connector connects to the modem port on the PCMCIA
card, and the female RJ11 is for connection to the phone line.
My problem is that I do not have the "modem connection module".
Instead, I have the 15-pin connector which is attached to a 15 wire
cable, however, there are NO CONNECTORS (RJ11, etc.) on the other end
of the cable. (to be exact, there are only 14 wires connected, because
there are only 14 metal pins on the 15-pin connector.)

I was wondering if you know how should I connect the wires to the
phone line to get the modem to work.

Would you send me email ) besides/instead of posting
to the group, please. I thank you for your help in advance.
-TY

P.S. I sent an email to the tech support a couple of weeks ago, but I
did not get any response.