Dimension XPS Gen3

Old July 20th 04, 10:51 PM
Manuel Fischer

Default Dimension XPS Gen3

Hello,

how can I monitor the cpu temperature?

All tools I found (e.g. mbm) did not find any management chips to
perform any monitoring operation.

All I found via google is: Dell did not support these function on
many motherboards.

Is this really true for the new Dimension XPS Gen3?

Regards,
Manuel
Old July 21st 04, 12:17 AM
Edward J. Neth

Yes. To monitor temperature, you'd need to add a sensor - Thermaltake,
Zalman, Coolermaster and most of the other cooling system makes produce
them.

Old July 21st 04, 06:12 AM
Manuel Fischer

"Edward J. Neth" schrieb:

Yes. To monitor temperature, you'd need to add a sensor - Thermaltake,
Zalman, Coolermaster and most of the other cooling system makes produce
them.

I searched on zalmans homepage and did not find any product.

Only a sensor did not help me, where can I connect a sensor on the
Dell motherboard to read out the temperature?

I think only an external solution works (sensor near the cpu, display
outside the case, monitoring via mbm definitly not possible)...

Regards,
Manuel
Old July 22nd 04, 10:43 PM
Edward J. Neth

That is correct - you'd need a kit with a display and sensor.
There is no place to connect one to the mainboard.