Whats better?

Old January 7th 05, 07:33 PM
Veritech

Default Whats better?

Gigabyte 9600 pro 128mb (400/300 I think)
Sapphire 9600 advantage pro 128 (400/330)

I have a strange feeling that the memory on the sapphire is underclocked(i
know you can overclock it) plus its got a access speed of ns5 compare to the
gigabyte's ns 3. Overclocking wise the gigabyte appears to be the best
clocking at (505/315). Also the placement of the "pro" in sapphire's card
worries me.

Anyone with first hand experience of these cards?

Thanks

Old January 7th 05, 11:35 PM
First of One

The "Advantage" card should have a default memory speed of 446 MHz (223
DDR). This is still above the rated speed for 5 ns RAM (1000/5 = 200).

Blame this on Sapphire's large OEM whitebox presence. It's parent company PC
Partner makes cards for everyone, including ATi... Some of the
slower-clocked cards, intended for system builders, make their way to
retail.