PSU or MB : ? Odds are ? Emachines T2682

Old April 7th 07, 05:32 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard
Lost in the Wasteland

Default PSU or MB : ? Odds are ? Emachines T2682

After 4 years of being powered on, my EM T2682
no longer powers on.

The symptoms ..

1. The original power fan spins, and the only sign
of life is the small LED for disk access when I press the large power
button on the front ( NORMALLY . THE LARGE POWER BUTTON TURNS BLUE
TOO .. THAT IS NOT HAPPENING ).

2. I ordered a replacement PSU .. This one is slightly different
in that it has a POWER SWITCH ON THE PSU.

WITH THE NEW PSU TURNED ON, AND PUSHING THE FRONT
PANEL BUTTON ... I GET NO SIGNS OF LIFE ..

AT ALL.

AND I GET NO FAN SPINNING ON THE NEW PSU.

3. I'm thinking the FRONT POWER BUTTON via the motherboard controls
the PSU .. and starts the FAN to turn ?

In other words .. I'm reluctant to order a new MB .. if the
replacement PSU is bad.

Shouldn't the FAN spin on the new PSU when I plug it in
and press the FRONT BUTTON ?

3. What is t

Old April 10th 07, 06:29 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard
Kent_Diego

[...]

It is the power supply. The front panel switch is routed to the power
supply.
http://xtronics.com/reference/atx_pinout.htm
You can put a paper clip in ATX connector pin-14, green wire, and touch to
any adjacent black wire to turn on power supply.