Clearing the CMOS

Old February 25th 07, 10:42 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
Jim Burton

Default Clearing the CMOS

I have a Abit SE6 MoBo which I am trying to install in an old case for use
by my grandaughter
It appeared to be working OK until I powered it off and installed the
following cards
ATI Graphics Radeon 7200 and Creative Live Drive 5.1
Also installed a formatted 10GB HDD

Now it won't POST ... The LED on the MoBo lights up and the CPU fan is
working
..... Removing all of the above doesn't make any difference

I am wondering if clearing the CMOS will help

Any suggestions gratefully received

Regards & TIA

Old February 25th 07, 10:44 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
Jim Burton

Default Clearing the CMOS - PS

"Jim Burton" wrote in message
I have a Abit SE6 MoBo which I am trying to install in an old case for use
by my grandaughter
It appeared to be working OK until I powered it off and installed the
following cards
ATI Graphics Radeon 7200 and Creative Live Drive 5.1
Also installed a formatted 10GB HDD

Now it won't POST ... The LED on the MoBo lights up and the CPU fan is
working
.... Removing all of the above doesn't make any difference

I am wondering if clearing the CMOS will help

Any suggestions gratefully received

Regards & TIA

I have tried a different PSU with the same result