error printing secured PFS from Adobe Reader to virtual printer(PDFCreator)

Old November 30th 08, 02:53 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
JJ

Default error printing secured PFS from Adobe Reader to virtual printer(PDFCreator)

Does anyone know the answer to the following question?

Trying to print out a secure PDF file from Adobe Reader to a PDF file
(with the open source program PDFCreator), I get a PDF file with the
following text:

ERROR: undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND: eexec
STACK:
/quit
-dictionary-
-mark

Does anyone know who is the culprit and how I can solve this problem?

(Well, I do, and I will post the answer immediately hereafter, in
order to contribute to newsgroups as a useful archive)
Old November 30th 08, 02:55 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
JJ

On 30 nov, 14:53, JJ wrote:
Does anyone know the answer to the following question?

Trying to print out a secure PDF file from Adobe Reader to a PDF file
(with the open source program PDFCreator), I get a PDF file with the
following text:

ERROR: undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND: eexec
STACK:
/quit
-dictionary-
-mark

Does anyone know who is the culprit and how I can solve this problem?

(Well, I do, and I will post the answer immediately hereafter, in
order to contribute to newsgroups as a useful archive)

Solution:
Don't use Adobe Reader!

The culprit is the (newer versions of) Adobe Reader. It has nothing to
do with the operating system or the version of Ghost you use. I
installed Foxit Reader from Foxit software, and from this program I
can correctly print secured PDFS to virtual printers. (Mind you, I
have no ties to Foxit, and I do neither recommend nor advise against
the use of their software).
Old November 30th 08, 03:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Don Phillipson[_4_]

"JJ" wrote in message
On 30 nov, 14:53, JJ wrote:
Does anyone know the answer to the following question?

Trying to print out a secure PDF file from Adobe Reader to a PDF file
(with the open source program PDFCreator), I get a PDF file with the
following text:

ERROR: undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND: eexec
STACK:
/quit
-dictionary-
-mark

Does anyone know who is the culprit and how I can solve this problem?

Solution:
Don't use Adobe Reader!

The culprit is the (newer versions of) Adobe Reader.

1. This advice is of limited value so far as the OP omitted
the version numbers of the software he complained about
(both OS and the app.)
2. Standard cure of problems like this is to uninstal the
software then reinstal it. The OP did not say whether
he had tried the standard cure.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Old February 9th 12, 04:34 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
justincase[_3_]

there is a solution for this error (OFFENDING COMMAND: eexec) when
printing a secured pdf to another pdf using PDFCreator.

the solution is to choose Encapsulated Post Script format when you are
in the save as dialog in PDFCreator (choose EPS extension in the
drop-down).

the trick here is to save one page at a time, because ghostview/gsview
can only open EPS files - reliably - which have only one page

after that, install ghostview/gsview and ghostscript.

if you have PDFCreator, you already have ghostscript. you just need to
install ghostview/gsview and go to menu Options Advanced Configure.
In the field "Ghostscript DLL" you must paste the path to where
gsdll32.dll is, typically (or similar to):

"C:\Program Files\PDFCreator\GS9.04\gs9.04\bin\gsdll32.dll"

Below that, in "Ghostscript include path" add this at the end or the
beginning, make sure entries are separated with a semi-colon:

"C:\Program Files\PDFCreator\GS9.04\gs9.04\lib;"

After this is done, you can open the EPS file you created with
PDFCreator... et voila!
Now you can print from gsview to PDFCreator to get a pdf (make sure you
choose the PostScript Printer option when you print from gsview to
PDFCreator).

once you have all the pages, you can join them into one document using
pdftk (free software, google it!).

Old November 25th 14, 07:17 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Sunday, 30 November 2008 14:53:20 UTC+1, JJ wrote:
Does anyone know the answer to the following question?

Trying to print out a secure PDF file from Adobe Reader to a PDF file
(with the open source program PDFCreator), I get a PDF file with the
following text:

ERROR: undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND: eexec
STACK:
/quit
-dictionary-
-mark

Does anyone know who is the culprit and how I can solve this problem?

(Well, I do, and I will post the answer immediately hereafter, in
order to contribute to newsgroups as a useful archive)

1. Open it with a browser, eg. Firefox
2. Print - select PDF creator
3. Enjoy!
Old November 26th 14, 01:51 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

On Sunday, 30 November 2008 14:53:20 UTC+1, JJ wrote:
Does anyone know the answer to the following question?

Trying to print out a secure PDF file from Adobe Reader to a PDF file
(with the open source program PDFCreator), I get a PDF file with the
following text:

ERROR: undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND: eexec
STACK:
/quit
-dictionary-
-mark

Does anyone know who is the culprit and how I can solve this problem?

(Well, I do, and I will post the answer immediately hereafter, in
order to contribute to newsgroups as a useful archive)

1. Open it with a browser, eg. Firefox
2. Print - select PDF creator
3. Enjoy!

Not only is that wrong but it is a reply to a 6 year old post where
PDFCreator has had many newer versions released and bug fixes.

HINT: You do NOT use a Web Browser such as Firefox !

And they wonder why Google Groupers are summarily killfiled by the rand and
file of Usenet users.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Old November 28th 14, 09:38 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
micky

On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 07:51:15 -0500, "David H. Lipman"

[...]

And they wonder why Google Groupers are summarily killfiled by the rank and
file of Usenet users.

Isn't that why so many post via google groups? Because they can't pass
the physical or mental tests required to post via Usenet.
Old November 29th 14, 12:04 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "micky"

[...]

LOL - That could very well be.

Old May 31st 18, 05:50 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

El martes, 25 de noviembre de 2014, 19:17:15 (UTC+1), escribió:
On Sunday, 30 November 2008 14:53:20 UTC+1, JJ wrote:
Does anyone know the answer to the following question?

Trying to print out a secure PDF file from Adobe Reader to a PDF file
(with the open source program PDFCreator), I get a PDF file with the
following text:

ERROR: undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND: eexec
STACK:
/quit
-dictionary-
-mark

Does anyone know who is the culprit and how I can solve this problem?

(Well, I do, and I will post the answer immediately hereafter, in
order to contribute to newsgroups as a useful archive)

1. Open it with a browser, eg. Firefox
2. Print - select PDF creator
3. Enjoy!

Great answer!! Thanks!!