p4pe-x -> canīt connect to internet or lan through 3com nic

Old December 27th 03, 08:20 PM
Christopher

Default p4pe-x -> canīt connect to internet or lan through 3com nic

iīve purchased a new comp and decided to buy that mainboard, because i
had good experiences with asus mainboards. In fact thatīs the first
time i have problems with an asus mainboard.

problem:

- i run my system on windows xp and it recognizes the 3com nic
properly without any problems. But still the internet is not
accessible. I really tried everything to get that thing work but
nothing helped. I installed all the drivers on the cd that came with
the mobo and all drivers from asus.com and intel.com i could get. I
tried 1004, 1005 and 1007 bios updates, but that didnīt solve my
problem. Iīm not able to connect the internet at all(iīve got a dsl
connection) and iīve the same issue with lan.

- another problem(but minor problem) is that i canīt get the onboard
nic to work, but that wouldnīt bother me that much if i could at least
connect to the internet through an seperate nic.

the nic is alright and so is my internet connect(e.g. the cable), it
tested them successfully on other systems

iīm really desperate and i donīt have any clue what else to do...
Old December 31st 03, 04:53 PM
Ric

Christopher wrote:

problem:

- i run my system on windows xp and it recognizes the 3com nic
properly without any problems. But still the internet is not
accessible. I really tried everything to get that thing work but
nothing helped.
iīm really desperate and i donīt have any clue what else to do...

Do you share the DSL thru a firewall or router?
- if no, are you getting an IP from the DSL?
- Does your DSL service register the MAC address (some do, but not all)
dose it register a host name (again, some do but not all)

Can you try connecting the "new" computer to the "old" computer either
thru the router or with a 'twisted' eithernet cable?

With the 'other' nic in the system, did you disable the 'on board' nic
in BIOS?