temperature problem question

Old August 3rd 05, 09:48 PM
Riccardo Bacchiorri

Default temperature problem question

Hi,

I have a 6600 GT graphic card and after 20 minutes of play, my pc go to
shutdown. I checked the temperature of cpu, hardisk, memory, mainboard but
these were normal! How can I tweak my graphic card to check the temperature
? I try to install NVTweak or Forceware Coolbits 2.0, but in the NVIDIA
PROPERTIES does not appear the the temperature dialog.

Help me please

Riccardo

Old August 4th 05, 05:57 PM
Andrew

"Riccardo Bacchiorri" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a 6600 GT graphic card and after 20 minutes of play, my pc go to
shutdown. I checked the temperature of cpu, hardisk, memory, mainboard but
these were normal! How can I tweak my graphic card to check the
temperature
? I try to install NVTweak or Forceware Coolbits 2.0, but in the NVIDIA
PROPERTIES does not appear the the temperature dialog.

Help me please

Riccardo

Some card manufacturers disable the temperature monitor in the video card
BIOS as a means of limiting the overclocking that might occur if users could
check their temperatures. It is possible to unlock this feature, I did on
my 6600 standard AGP card. Post back with card make etc or do a Google.com
search.

Andy