Grounding and lightning.

Old June 4th 11, 04:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.nl.electronica.zelfbouw,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
metspitzer

Default SkyBuck ... "Since I am an electronics engineer" ??

On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 23:01:03 +1200, Peter Huebner
wrote:

In article ,
says...

What lunge? I was standing near the bench and only had to reach for
an unknown object. I didn't know what it was. A man's normal refex is
to catch things, but a woman's is to pull away.

I haven't read any of the rest of this thread - but I dare say your assumption
is wrong that that is gender based. Most of the time something falls off a
bench in my house it's a knife, or in the wood-shop something that will
otherwise cause injury because of sharp edges. When I note something falling
off a bench I skip the other way so's not to get hit or cut or punctured.

It's entirely a question of how you have trained/programmed your reflexes.

I would look at it as.....if you are in a room with expensive bench
tools and equipment, you train yourself to catch falling objects.
Old June 4th 11, 04:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.nl.electronica.zelfbouw,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
[email protected]

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 21:49:09 -0400, Gil wrote:

On 03/06/2011 6:57 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 04:58:11 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

" wrote:

On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 04:04:02 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

" wrote:

On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 03:32:24 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

" wrote:

Let it fall, then pick it up *after* you've figured out which end is the cold
end. ;-)

So, you can turn off your reflexes?

If that's what you call running from imminent danger, sure.

Not everyone runs away from danger.

Some are suicidal, yes, and not everyone is stupid enough to catch a falling
soldering iron (of knife).
^
^
^
^

Sigh. Some people are stupid enough to post trolling **** like you
just did.

You said you caught it, I certainly wouldn't have. If that's a troll, it's
yours.

I didn't know they had a soldering iron. The place sold CB radios to
truckers and i had never seen anything but a screw driver& drill on
their makeshift bench.

And if it were a knife?

How would I have known it was a knife, when all I saw was a blur of
something falling in my perherprial vison?

...and you lunge for it. Nope, *not* a good plan.

Sigh....it's because of people like you that Usenet is dying. Why do you
have to make a 'one-up-man-ship' of everything. You have a reputation of
doing this on any news group you're involved in.

By the way, if I was interviewing the two of you for a job I'd be hiring
the other guy. He at least takes action and tries to help when something
happens instead of standing back doing nothing and criticizing others.

You're obviously not an employer.
Old June 4th 11, 05:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.nl.electronica.zelfbouw,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
[email protected]

wrote:

" wrote:

Let it fall, then pick it up *after* you've figured out which end is the cold
end. ;-)

So, you can turn off your reflexes?

If that's what you call running from imminent danger, sure.

Not everyone runs away from danger.

Some are suicidal, yes, and not everyone is stupid enough to catch a falling
soldering iron (of knife).
^
^
^
^

Sigh. Some people are stupid enough to post trolling **** like you
just did.

You said you caught it, I certainly wouldn't have. If that's a troll, it's
yours.

Like I asked befo You can turn off your reflexes?

Self preservation *is* a reflex. Jumping at everything that moves is dumb.

And if it were a knife?

How would I have known it was a knife, when all I saw was a blur of
something falling in my perherprial vison?

...and you lunge for it. Nope, *not* a good plan.

What lunge?

You went for an unknown something that was falling. Bad move.

I was standing near the bench and only had to reach for
an unknown object. I didn't know what it was.

Bad move.

A man's normal refex is to catch things, but a woman's is to pull away.

You're sounding like DimBulb, today.
Old June 4th 11, 05:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.nl.electronica.zelfbouw,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
[email protected]

On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 23:01:03 +1200, Peter Huebner wrote:

In article ,
says...

What lunge? I was standing near the bench and only had to reach for
an unknown object. I didn't know what it was. A man's normal refex is
to catch things, but a woman's is to pull away.

I haven't read any of the rest of this thread - but I dare say your assumption
is wrong that that is gender based. Most of the time something falls off a
bench in my house it's a knife, or in the wood-shop something that will
otherwise cause injury because of sharp edges. When I note something falling
off a bench I skip the other way so's not to get hit or cut or punctured.

Absolutely. It can be picked up once the situation can be analyzed.

It's entirely a question of how you have trained/programmed your reflexes.

Yup!
Old June 4th 11, 05:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design
[email protected]

On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 06:44:41 -0700, Neanderthal
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 07:04:59 -0400, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

As Huck Finn found.. "mind you, when a girl tries to catch anything in
her lap she throws her knees apart; she don't clap them together the
way you did when you catched the lump of lead".

At least back then dey dids.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

OK, so that was funny. So, the girls used their dress as a trampoline.

A catcher's mitt, as it were. ;-)

Thanks, Mr. Twain.

Old June 4th 11, 05:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.nl.electronica.zelfbouw,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Michael A. Terrell

wrote:

" wrote:

[...]

Yawn. You ARE dimbulb today.

Old June 4th 11, 05:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.nl.electronica.zelfbouw,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Don Klipstein

In , M. A. Terrell wrote
in part:

What lunge? I was standing near the bench and only had to reach for
an unknown object. I didn't know what it was. A man's normal refex is
to catch things, but a woman's is to pull away.

My grandmother did not pull away, but caught falling things when
possible. I never saw my mother drop or knock down many things where I
saw time to give much reaction, but she seems to lean to catch things.
Exception: Things falling from the stove, which was thankfully
infrequent.

--
- Don Klipstein )
Old June 4th 11, 09:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.nl.electronica.zelfbouw,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Michael A. Terrell

Don Klipstein wrote:

In , M. A. Terrell wrote
in part:

What lunge? I was standing near the bench and only had to reach for
an unknown object. I didn't know what it was. A man's normal refex is
to catch things, but a woman's is to pull away.

My grandmother did not pull away, but caught falling things when
possible. I never saw my mother drop or knock down many things where I
saw time to give much reaction, but she seems to lean to catch things.
Exception: Things falling from the stove, which was thankfully
infrequent.

I've seen women do just the opposite.

Grounding John General 17 January 24th 08 07:50 PM
proper grounding Skeleton Man General 25 June 26th 07 04:44 PM
Grounding Question - PSU Hardline General 8 January 21st 07 05:37 AM
[OT] Grounding Skeleton Man General 8 December 4th 04 09:37 PM
Grounding the motherboard. Wedge Homebuilt PC's 10 December 1st 04 01:54 AM