ATI 9700 AIW Pro Problems a many!!!

Old April 3rd 04, 02:38 AM
Simply Secret

Default ATI 9700 AIW Pro Problems a many!!!

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:42:08 -0800, Slug wrote:

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:54:03 GMT, Wondering
wrote:

I am at a loss - I fear that the card has hardware issues and I paid
$377 for it when I bought it and I also think ATI will NOT do anything
for me no less even talkk to me about the possible issues.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Your card has a 3 year warranty. If you are certain it is bad hardware
then get an RMA from ATI and get it exchanged or fixed. You are
certain all your power connectors and the card is seated properly? I
ask that because I thought I had video card troubles a couple of times
and once was because I didn't have the PSU connector to the mb solidly
plugged in and another time was because I didn't have the video card
seated correctly in it's slot. Also try another PSU too if you can as
it may be a case of not getting enough power. You did mention
something about a cold boot issue which also points to an inadequate
PSU.

Thought I would post a follow up here. I did get an RMA as you
suggested and sent the card in along with a screen shot of the Q3
issue and a good description of the lines in the boot up logo in XP.
About two weeks or less, card came back - different card that is and
it works just perfect so far. No lines, Q3 works great. So the card
must have been bad. Someone said maybe a bad pipe...

I'm happy....