Interesting trick: shutdown apps while you are blind.

Old February 15th 08, 04:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Skybuck Flying

Default Interesting trick: shutdown apps while you are blind.

Hello,

I just played this game called portal, and other valve games.

All games hang, maybe it's a beta driver issue's.

Anyway the operating system still seemed active, but I could no longer see
the desktop, just the dead game screen.

So it was like I was blind. The question was how to shutdown the hanging up.

Well the irony is it was a puzzle game, but the real puzzle was how to
shutdown the ****ing hanging game LOL.

And here is the solution, something/a nice trick I learned thanks to this
hanging game, untested yet on the game itself but I tested it on other apps
and it will probably work, ok here goes:

Just close your eyes and pretend you are blind then do the following:

1. Press control-alt-delete to bring up the task manager.

2. Press left arrows many times to make sure the application tab is active.
Thank god the arrows stop at the most left tab

3. Press alt-e, to terminate all active apps

This should shutdown any malfunctioning game or app and bring you back to
the desktop, no dangerous/electronics sensitive reboots needed =D

NICE TRICK LOL.

I will try to remember that one, might come in handy some day ! I LOVE THIS
TRICK LOL.

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Old February 16th 08, 12:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Shawk

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

I just played this game called portal, and other valve games.

All games hang, maybe it's a beta driver issue's.

....or maybe it's your firewall. Steam games require access to the
server initially so there is probably a message behind the game screen
asking if you want to allow HL2.exe or whatever.