OC'ing using Easy Tune 4

Old January 14th 04, 02:53 AM
Chuck

Default OC'ing using Easy Tune 4

I know it's probably not the most technical way to overclock, but I'm
getting ready to experiment a little. I'm running a XP 2700+ on a Gigabyte
GA-VAXP with 1Gb of PC2700.

Easy Tune 4 shows me running at 2171 mhz ( CPU Multiplier at 13, system bus
at 167 ). It doesn't look like I can change the CPU Mulitplier, neither
arrow on either side allows me change it. The system bus allows me to
change it but I haven't saved any changes.

Does anyone have any advice for me with this particular setup?

Old January 14th 04, 03:42 AM
Chuck

OC in bios

Thanks for reading the subject header first and my question.

Old January 14th 04, 04:18 AM
Amir Facade

Make sure the Ck_Ratio switches are set for auto if you want to use Easy
Tune to change the multiplier. Of course you still won't be able to change
it if you have a CPU with a locked multiplier.
Changing the FSB with this board is of limited value, as there is no way to
lock the PIC and AGP busses. They will go up with the FSB and will probably
max out any devices that you have plugged into them faster than your CPU
will max out.

"NewUser001" wrote in message
. ..
OC in bios

Old January 16th 04, 07:01 AM
Minotaur

Chuck wrote:

OC in bios

Thanks for reading the subject header first and my question.

I would do it in the BIOS, AFTER I have backed up my system with Ghost
etc.. Doing it inside Windows is asking for trouble, nothing is easy
that way only harder when it falls. You did back up the system?

Minotaur
Old January 16th 04, 02:25 PM
Courseyauto

Chuck wrote:

OC in bios

Thanks for reading the subject header first and my question.

I would do it in the BIOS, AFTER I have backed up my system with Ghost
etc.. Doing it inside Windows is asking for trouble, nothing is easy
that way only harder when it falls. You did back up the system?

Minotaur

When you OC with easy tune it will revert back to the settings in the bios
when it reboots. If you over do it with easy tune it will just reboot and
return to the settings you have in the bios,it is an easy way to overclock and
find your limit and it wont hurt anything if it goes to far. DOUG