cdrw problems

Old January 27th 05, 07:58 PM
Wanabe

Default cdrw problems

When I burn my cd after about the fifth track
the rest of the tracks distort and clip
at first I thought it was my burner so I bought a
new one and I still have the same problem
I also reinstalled win xp but i still have the same
problem.
any ideas?
Old January 27th 05, 08:18 PM
Shep©

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:58:44 +0000 Not alowing their prejudice to rule
their future Wanabe wrote :

When I burn my cd after about the fifth track
the rest of the tracks distort and clip
at first I thought it was my burner so I bought a
new one and I still have the same problem
I also reinstalled win xp but i still have the same
problem.
any ideas?

Try here,
http://www.cdrfaq.org/

HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply
Old January 27th 05, 09:11 PM
kony

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:58:44 +0000, Wanabe
wrote:

When I burn my cd after about the fifth track
the rest of the tracks distort and clip
at first I thought it was my burner so I bought a
new one and I still have the same problem
I also reinstalled win xp but i still have the same
problem.
any ideas?

Burn it from what (source)?
The most common cause I've come across is that the source
reader extracted (DAE) at a speed higher than it could do so
without errors. Reripping at lower-to-lowest possible read
speed should be revealing if it's the cause.
Old January 31st 05, 12:49 PM
moit

What is your source material? If the source material is clipped and
distorted
then your burnt CD audio will be also.

You can check it and restore it using software like CoolEdit Pro by
Syntrillium
(now Adobe Audition)