IC7-MAX3 - P4 2.6 - Hyperthread cause PC to random reboot

Old November 17th 03, 11:29 PM
SpeedyGonzales

Default IC7-MAX3 - P4 2.6 - Hyperthread cause PC to random reboot

Hi!

Have anybody else experienced problems with random reboot and HyperThread
enabled?
Well I have.... I and it has taken a while to sort it out!

If I enable HT I am guaranteed that PC will random reboot whitin the
hour....and I am NOT OC'ed!!

I am reading about voltage problems on DDR, and I am wondering if this
problem with HT is caused by a voltage problem?

Speedy

IC7-Max3
P4 2.6 at standard voltage
Twinmos Dual 512*2 3200 at 2.6v
NOT overclocked!
Chieftec 420W PSU

Old November 18th 03, 12:43 AM
BigStan

I have 3 computers with HT turned on. Two are OC'd, one isn't. None of them
reboot randomly. When they have rebooted, so far I've been able to track
down the reason. Some of the reboots were from over heating (problem solved
by Vantec). Some were driver conflicts. None of the reboots appeared to be
related to voltage.