Best Photo Printer?

Old February 7th 04, 03:07 PM
Rob

Default Best Photo Printer?

Hi guys,

My humblest apologies if this has been asked before, which I am sure it has,
but I want to know what the best photo printer is, for the PC. If the answer
is an Epson, then what's the next best thing?

I'm looking for:
-inkjet
-A4
-mainly for text

....but having spent £1000 on a digital camera, I would like something that
will print images which I can keep for the rest of my life, so I want
something which gives excellent results in the highest possible resolution
with best photo replication ability.

I'm happy to spend anything between £200 - £500 (approx $300-750)

I have to buy it today which doesn't give me much time to read reviews etc.
ink usage, I wont print more than half a dozen full size photos per
month.

Many thanks in advance ~Rob

Old February 7th 04, 03:19 PM
Woobie

I love the i900d, but if you've got that kind of money to spend, look at
the new color lasers. At 1200 dpi, they look awesome. If you still want an
ink jet printer, go with Canon. They are finicky about paper, but the
results are indistinguishable from cellulose photo.
Joe

Old February 7th 04, 03:29 PM
JMooreTS

what the best photo printer is, for the PC. If the answer
is an Epson, then what's the next best thing?

I'm happy to spend anything between £200 - £500 (approx $300-750)

Rob,

Of course, doing some research might provide the best fit for your needs. But
if there isn't the time, I'd choose a Canon printer (assuming Epson is not
preferred). I have a Canon i960 and love it , , , great photos and reasonably
fast text.

John

Old February 7th 04, 03:41 PM
Rob

I have a Canon i960 and love it , , , great photos and reasonably
fast text.

Im not worried about speed or price much, just quality and it sucks that I
dont have the time to research this properly.

I found a review here http://www.photo-i.co.uk/ of the I950 which they say
is the best photo printer available. I asume your i960 is ... better?

I need to decide on a model, and then find someone who stocks it, then race
over there like a mad hatter and snatch it up.

Old February 7th 04, 07:10 PM
Rob

Of course, doing some research might provide the best fit for your needs.
But
if there isn't the time, I'd choose a Canon printer (assuming Epson is not
preferred). I have a Canon i960 and love it , , , great photos and

reasonably
fast text.

I got an i965 in the end

Thanks for the advice everyone Im really chuffed with my purchase

Photo Printer Recommendation Sid Price Printers 6 December 23rd 03 02:04 AM
deskjet 845 C ink Pascal Printers 2 November 17th 03 09:16 AM
Canon i950 vs. i960 photo printer Monica Printers 11 October 5th 03 10:59 PM
Which Epson Photo Printer ?? Hadjina Marko Printers 4 September 18th 03 07:21 PM