Best photo paper for i950?

Old August 21st 03, 07:22 AM
Byron Hinson

Default Best photo paper for i950?

I just got a new Canon i950 printer and was just wondering what is the best
photo paper to use for it - currently I have loads of Kodak glossy photo
paper left over from my last printer.

--
Byron Hinson
ActiveMac: http://www.activewin.com/mac

Old August 21st 03, 07:50 AM
Steve

Any Kodak paper is the WORST for any of the new Canon i-series printers. Go
with Ilford Gallery Smooth Gloss and Smooth Pearl. I've also heard good
things about some of the Lexjet Photo Satin, and, of course, the Canon
papers. I got 100 sheets of Ilford's Gallery Smooth Gloss at Sam's today
for $24.82 a box! It's about twice that most anywhere else.

-Steve

Old August 21st 03, 11:11 AM
jkh

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 07:22:18 +0100, "Byron Hinson"
wrote:

I just got a new Canon i950 printer and was just wondering what is the best
photo paper to use for it - currently I have loads of Kodak glossy photo
paper left over from my last printer.

Redriverpaper.com
fantastic satin and glossy. about $33.00 for 100 sheet box.
It's worth every penny.

I never tried Ilford. That will be my next test.

Old August 21st 03, 12:59 PM
Gary

wrote:

I just got a new Canon i950 printer and was just wondering what is the

best
photo paper to use for it - currently I have loads of Kodak glossy photo
paper left over from my last printer.

Redriverpaper.com
fantastic satin and glossy. about $33.00 for 100 sheet box.
It's worth every penny.

Anyone know if it's possible to get this in the UK? or any other good
alternatives?

Old August 21st 03, 01:55 PM
Taliesyn

Steve wrote:
Any Kodak paper is the WORST for any of the new Canon i-series printers. Go
with Ilford Gallery Smooth Gloss and Smooth Pearl. I've also heard good
things about some of the Lexjet Photo Satin, and, of course, the Canon
papers. I got 100 sheets of Ilford's Gallery Smooth Gloss at Sam's today
for $24.82 a box! It's about twice that most anywhere else.

We need Sam's in Canada. Is that part of the Wal*Mart family? I think I
read that they were opening in Toronto... maybe. Unfortunately I don't
live there (or perhaps fortunately, because of recent events).

We have Costco here, but they only carry Epson Photo Paper, which is low
grade.

-Taliesyn

Old August 21st 03, 05:56 PM
BF

I like Red River a lot. On a scale of 1 to 10 with Canon Paper Pro being 10,
I rate Red River 9.5.

Old August 22nd 03, 02:06 AM
Gary Eickmeier

"Byron Hinson" wrote in message
I just got a new Canon i950 printer and was just wondering what is the

best
photo paper to use for it - currently I have loads of Kodak glossy photo
paper left over from my last printer.

Brian, most of us don't like the Kodak papers, and I have found that the
Epson papers are perfectly compatible with the 950. I am trying the Red
River sampler pack, and it seems good too.

Gary Eickmeier

Old August 22nd 03, 05:56 AM
Ron Cohen

Yes, Sam's Club is a division of Wal-Mart. Do you have any Office Depot
stores in Canada? Office Depot Premium High Gloss is only a few dollars more
than Red River. Both of these papers are excellent to use with Canon s & i
series printers.

Note to original poster: As others have stated, Kodak isn't very good, but
there are a bunch of others that are even worse - Royal Brites and Jet Print
are two that I have loads of and they are only good for draft copies, and
not even very good for that. Go with OD, RR or as others are saying Ilford
from Sam's. I'd have already purchased some from Sam's if I wasn't
overstocked with RR & OD papers - 2000+ sheets.
--
Ron Cohen

"Taliesyn" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
Any Kodak paper is the WORST for any of the new Canon i-series printers.

Go
with Ilford Gallery Smooth Gloss and Smooth Pearl. I've also heard good
things about some of the Lexjet Photo Satin, and, of course, the Canon
papers. I got 100 sheets of Ilford's Gallery Smooth Gloss at Sam's

today
for $24.82 a box! It's about twice that most anywhere else.

We need Sam's in Canada. Is that part of the Wal*Mart family? I think I
read that they were opening in Toronto... maybe. Unfortunately I don't
live there (or perhaps fortunately, because of recent events).

We have Costco here, but they only carry Epson Photo Paper, which is low
grade.

-Taliesyn

Staples Prof. Glossy Photo Paper Mary Printers 3 August 11th 03 02:16 PM
Photo paper Don Davis Printers 2 August 5th 03 07:55 AM
Canon i550/850 visible diffs of photo on plain paper Heli Hickle Printers 0 August 4th 03 10:16 AM
HP Photo paper in Canon i850 Trev Printers 1 August 2nd 03 02:21 PM
Photo paper substitute Canon Pro? BF Printers 7 June 28th 03 03:57 PM