DirectX10

Old August 27th 07, 08:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Leigh-Anne

Default DirectX10

I am starting to build a new pc, with one or two 8800 ultras, as these are
directx 10 cards. Will i only be able to get directx 10 effects under
Windows Vista.

Thx

LA

Old August 27th 07, 09:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Leigh-Anne wrote:
I am starting to build a new pc, with one or two 8800 ultras, as these are
directx 10 cards. Will i only be able to get directx 10 effects under
Windows Vista.

Thx

LA

No, you will only get DX10 from Vista if you install THREE 8800 Ultras,
not the one or two you suggest.

Why does the phrase "more money than sense" snap to mind? Must be
something I read...but where...hmmm.
Old August 27th 07, 10:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
tony h

yes, dx10 support is only in vista, and almost certainly dx10 will not ever
be released for xp, to try force us all to change o/s.

Old August 27th 07, 10:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Leigh-Anne

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
news
Leigh-Anne wrote:
I am starting to build a new pc, with one or two 8800 ultras, as these
are directx 10 cards. Will i only be able to get directx 10 effects under
Windows Vista.

Thx

LA

No, you will only get DX10 from Vista if you install THREE 8800 Ultras,
not the one or two you suggest.

Why cant you give sensible answers.

Why does the phrase "more money than sense" snap to mind? Must be
something I read...but where...hmmm.

May be your just jealous of people with money...

Old August 27th 07, 11:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DaveW[_4_]

Yes, that's true.

--
---------------------
DaveW

Old August 27th 07, 11:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Don Burnette

"Leigh-Anne" wrote in message
I am starting to build a new pc, with one or two 8800 ultras, as these are
directx 10 cards. Will i only be able to get directx 10 effects under
Windows Vista.

Thx

LA

Yes,

1: Only Vista has DX10 support
2: To get DX10 features, you will need a dx10 card, which the 8800 is, and,
the game will need to be written to use the dx10 features.

Not a lot of them out there yet, I don't think.

--
Don

Old August 27th 07, 11:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Leigh-Anne

1: Only Vista has DX10 support
2: To get DX10 features, you will need a dx10 card, which the 8800 is,
and, the game will need to be written to use the dx10 features.

Not a lot of them out there yet, I don't think.

Getting ready for Crysis

Old August 28th 07, 12:07 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Leigh-Anne wrote:

I am starting to build a new pc, with one or two 8800 ultras, as these
are directx 10 cards. Will i only be able to get directx 10 effects under
Windows Vista.

Thx

LA

No, you will only get DX10 from Vista if you install THREE 8800 Ultras,
not the one or two you suggest.

Why cant you give sensible answers.

I doubt your sincerity as to the question asked. It is generally known,
especially to those who know the term "DirectX10", that Vista alone
supports DX10. The person who drops the lingo in the same sentence as
mentioning dropping close to $1,000 USD for optional items implies my
follow up comment....oooh, here it comes again...

Why does the phrase "more money than sense" snap to mind? Must be
something I read...but where...hmmm.

May be your just jealous of people with money...

No, wealth concerns me less than intellectual honesty. In the future,
make sure you ignore every answer I give you and only pay attention to
DaveW's replies.

He is very consistent.

Old August 28th 07, 02:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Gary

Hello, not to add fuel to the fire but I have better credit than sense and
have a fine system to show for it. But seriously the problem is that Vista
SUCKS. As I said I have a pretty good comp and can't use it in Vista as the
drivers are FUBAR. I went back to XP and I'll stay there until Feb next
year at the soonest, but there isn't anything coming out in that time frame
except maybe Conan, which is (from what I've read) to be released under DX9
and DX10 that I really want anyway. Well that's my .02.

Old August 28th 07, 06:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Stick Stickus[_3_]

If you wish to use directX 9 or below go to the MS web site and download the
directX SDK file. This will enable you to use other than DirectX 10
programs.
Regards
Stick