BF2 Stutter since MOH Airborne and Bioshock installed (deinstalled for rootkit (?))

Old August 26th 07, 09:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Default BF2 Stutter since MOH Airborne and Bioshock installed (deinstalled for rootkit (?))

I don't like Bioshock or Airborne anyway. Though I just played Airborne on
two gtx 7900 on all low settings
and was playable. (Me done with WW2, and Bioshock I might still play full...
but it aint that great )

MOH Airborne Intro screen/menu still laggy and buggy ? line near airplane.

BF2 stuttered though...

Something strange going on with Punkbuster too.

As soon as it loads a map PunkBusterB shows up it's also enabled in
services.

Not sure if BF2 stutter is related to PunkBuster but it seems like it.

It could also be that DirectX 9 C installed by the other two games kinda
****ed it up.

I already have DX9C so re-installing these parts of the OS doesn't seem that
smart.

But ok.

I also disabled windows update while back intelligent file transfer was
disabled.
(Windows update was still enabled while bift disabled)

Then I tested again with windowsupdate disabled but stutter was still in
BF2...

I think it's punkbuster related.

Something disabled Punkbuster A.

I re-enabled PunkBuster A in services and now hopefully the stutter in BF2
is gone..

Fingers crossed.

Definelty weird stuff.

(Never had this kind of BF2 Sound Stutter before... something in the system
has changed me thinks... )
(I did have X-Fi poppings and such in BF2 but never stutter like this... )

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old August 27th 07, 02:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Conor

In article , Skybuck Flying
says...

BF2 stutters like a ******* ever since I installed the 163.44 drivers.
--
Conor

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.
Old August 27th 07, 01:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

During the stutter, I experienced, I heard these high pitched
beeps/noises/sounds.

Like a bird with a high pitched voice or whatever...

SQEEK SQEEK SQQKK BEEP BEEP BEEP BE CCCCZHHHHH.

Very scary !

Like metal scratching against a board or something.

Or somebody with nails going over a whiteboard (or is it called schoolboard)
?

Like something is scratching the inside of my PC.

But ofcourse that can't be ?! HA !

What drivers did you mean, The vista drivers ?

I have WinXP 64 and probably 93.71 installed.

Been ages since nvidia updated drivers for WinXp64 ?!?

I hear many bad things about Vista...

Like EAX support in DirectSound3D GONE !

Tututut

Bye,
Skybuck.