Replacement Vid Card for dead ATI 800xl?

Old March 16th 07, 11:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
RT

Default Replacement Vid Card for dead ATI 800xl?

See previous post. I am on a tight budget and was thinking of replacing the
card with something equivalent in the modern Ati line. My present card is
an AGP but I do have access to a free Asus mb that supports my Amd 939 CPU
and Pci-Express.

It's kinda disappointing to have this card failure, I was planning on buying
a directx 10 card next Christmas on our interest free computer purchase plan
at work.

Suggestions?

Thanks

RT

Old March 17th 07, 12:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Phil

"RT" wrote in message
m...
See previous post. I am on a tight budget and was thinking of replacing
the card with something equivalent in the modern Ati line. My present
card is an AGP but I do have access to a free Asus mb that supports my Amd
939 CPU and Pci-Express.

It's kinda disappointing to have this card failure, I was planning on
buying a directx 10 card next Christmas on our interest free computer
purchase plan at work.

Suggestions?

Thanks

RT

From the modern line, the X1800 GTO is pretty close in specs to X800 XL. You
know, the X800 XL comes in PCI-E, and is still a great value, especially if
you were already happy with it, and not looking to do a major upgrade for
another 6 months. I have a X800 XL, myself, and it works great with the
games I have played - BF2, HL2, Doom3, Quake4, etc. However, I'll be
upgrading to an ATi/AMD dx10 card for Enemy Territory: QuakeWars and Crysis.

-phil