GA-7VAXP v1.1 and Barton 2500+ OC?

Old December 8th 03, 03:46 PM
Peder

Default GA-7VAXP v1.1 and Barton 2500+ OC?

Hi. I have an unlocked 2500+ and some CAS2 PC3200 RAM on the way and I'm
wondering if anyone is using this combo overclocked. I saw a couple of
forum posts with people running 185 x 12.5-13.5. Any hints on setup? Oh,
I have a good cooler, too (SLK900A). Appreciate any replies. Thanks.

--
Peder (Please reply to group only, email invalid)
Old December 9th 03, 12:20 AM
~misfit~

Peder wrote:
Hi. I have an unlocked 2500+ and some CAS2 PC3200 RAM on the way and
I'm wondering if anyone is using this combo overclocked. I saw a
couple of forum posts with people running 185 x 12.5-13.5. Any hints
on setup? Oh, I have a good cooler, too (SLK900A). Appreciate any
replies. Thanks.

Set it to 200FSB x 11 for a start. I don't know why anyone would go with the
lower FSB and higher multi if your RAM will do 200MHz at CAS 2. You might
have to raise the vcore a tad. Then go from there.
--
~misfit~

---

Old December 9th 03, 02:54 AM
tHatDudeUK

"~misfit~" wrote in message
Peder wrote:
Hi. I have an unlocked 2500+ and some CAS2 PC3200 RAM on the way and
I'm wondering if anyone is using this combo overclocked. I saw a
couple of forum posts with people running 185 x 12.5-13.5. Any hints
on setup? Oh, I have a good cooler, too (SLK900A). Appreciate any
replies. Thanks.

Set it to 200FSB x 11 for a start. I don't know why anyone would go with

the
lower FSB and higher multi if your RAM will do 200MHz at CAS 2. You might
have to raise the vcore a tad. Then go from there.

That board won't do 200mhz FSB I recommend buying a new motherboard. I had
one and got rid of it.

Old December 9th 03, 09:14 AM
~misfit~

tHatDudeUK wrote:
"~misfit~" wrote in message
Peder wrote:
Hi. I have an unlocked 2500+ and some CAS2 PC3200 RAM on the way
and I'm wondering if anyone is using this combo overclocked. I saw
a couple of forum posts with people running 185 x 12.5-13.5. Any
hints on setup? Oh, I have a good cooler, too (SLK900A).
Appreciate any replies. Thanks.

Set it to 200FSB x 11 for a start. I don't know why anyone would go
with the lower FSB and higher multi if your RAM will do 200MHz at
CAS 2. You might have to raise the vcore a tad. Then go from there.

That board won't do 200mhz FSB I recommend buying a new motherboard.
I had one and got rid of it.

OK, that'll teach me for assuming things won't it?
--
~misfit~

---

Old December 9th 03, 10:07 AM
Peder

"~misfit~" wrote in
:

Set it to 200FSB x 11 for a start. I don't know why anyone would go
with the lower FSB and higher multi if your RAM will do 200MHz at CAS
2. You might have to raise the vcore a tad. Then go from there.
--
~misfit~

No PCI/AGP lock...

--
Peder (Please reply to group only, email invalid)
Old December 9th 03, 11:34 AM
~misfit~

Peder wrote:
"~misfit~" wrote in
:

Set it to 200FSB x 11 for a start. I don't know why anyone would go
with the lower FSB and higher multi if your RAM will do 200MHz at CAS
2. You might have to raise the vcore a tad. Then go from there.
--
~misfit~

No PCI/AGP lock...

Oh, not a good idea then. I should shut up when I'm not familiar with the
mobo in question I guess.
--
~misfit~

---

Old December 9th 03, 09:58 PM
Hippy Paul

"Peder" wrote in message ...
Hi. I have an unlocked 2500+ and some CAS2 PC3200 RAM on the way and I'm
wondering if anyone is using this combo overclocked. I saw a couple of
forum posts with people running 185 x 12.5-13.5. Any hints on setup? Oh,
I have a good cooler, too (SLK900A). Appreciate any replies. Thanks.

--
Peder (Please reply to group only, email invalid)

I suggest accessing the higher multipliers ie 14 (via a pin mod?) and
setting vcore as high as you can - at least 1.85v (and finding a way to get
it higher if your board will allow) and taking the fsb as far as it will go.

As you have a good heatsink, temperatures should not be too much of a
problem (especially as you are not ramping the fsb). Something I found was
that I could not get the fsb to run as fast with a higher multiplier (and
this is not because of a cpu ceiling) so I run a barton 2500+ on my board
(asus a7v333) at either 14x167 @ 1.85v which currently brings 18C case 36C
socket and 46C diode on full load - using a £6 (when I bought it)
Coolermaster HAC-V81 -
or at 15x167 @ 2.1v giving 18C case 50C socket and 60C diode on full load -
with ample case cooling

As stated above the KT 400 chipset will not do 200fsb so all you can really
do with the ram is set cas (CL) as low as you can. I would suggest leaving
memory in synch with the fsb - 185mhz is the most I have heard of on a KT
chipset - I have yet to see it myself - 182 is the best I can get - but I
only have pc2700 ram and a KT333.