Can"t get sound card on P4P800 Deluxe

Old April 25th 04, 02:17 PM
Peter Kronenberg

Default Can"t get sound card on P4P800 Deluxe

Just did a clean install of Win XP on a new system with a P4P800 and I
can't get the built-in sound card to work. When I run Windows Media,
it tells me that a sound card is not detected or is not responding.
Do I need to enable it somehow?

Peter
Old April 25th 04, 06:10 PM
cimetière

Sorry to ask you this question.

Have you installed the driver? If I am not mistaken, is is an onboard AC97
sound? The driver would be C-Media on your mobo cd.

It also happened to me that control panel icon for the sound card was set as
"mute" for the sound, or the level of sound alloted was too low...

--
Daniel
www.dromadaire.com/cimetiere/english

de ...

Old April 25th 04, 06:32 PM
Billy_Bat

it needs to be enabled in the bios, then install the drivers that are on the
mobo disk, or from Asus' site.
--

Good Luck!
BB

Old April 28th 04, 12:41 AM
Peter Kronenberg

Thanks. I realized that I hadn't installed the Soundmax driver yet,
but I assumed that I would get at least minimal functionality with
WinXP's native drivers. I thought it would be compatable with
Soundblaster.
Once I installed the driver, it worked fine.