DirectX 9.0c released today

Old July 26th 04, 11:55 PM
Tony DiMarzio

Took me 85 seconds on 4-MBIT cable.

--
Tony DiMarzio

"Jamie_Manic" mmmm...pork rind wrote in message

"Klaus Opel" wrote in message
Hi Humga,

Good! Takes time to download ~30MB...

took some 10 minutes

Took me 4 Yay for 1mb Broadband!

Old July 27th 04, 12:00 AM
Bandit

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 23:35:17 +0100, "Jamie_Manic" mmmm...pork rind
wrote:

"Klaus Opel" wrote in message
Hi Humga,

Good! Takes time to download ~30MB...

took some 10 minutes

Took me 4 Yay for 1mb Broadband!

Took me 1 min 45 sec on 2mb broadband !!!!!! you got to love cable

has anyone installed it yet ? And did anyone have problems after they
installed it ?
Old July 27th 04, 01:12 AM
Aki Peltola

"Tony DiMarzio" wrote
Took me 85 seconds on 4-MBIT cable.

So this is just everyone bragging with their broadbands
now, no one has anything to say about DX9.0c itself...?-)

Old July 27th 04, 01:22 AM
Aki Peltola

"Russell" rsullivan@tastycomputersdotcom_replace_dot_with_" ." wrote

Is that beta, or howcome 9.0b still seems to be the latest
official DX I can find from www.microsoft.com/directx ?

Old July 27th 04, 01:37 AM
Barry Watzman

It took me about a minute (Road Runner residential cable modem).

While I won't necessarily bother to install it retroactively, but I do a
lot of upgrades for people, and certainly it makes more sense, if there
are no problems reported, to install 9.0c than 9.0b, if you are going to
be installing some version of DirectX anyway.

Old July 27th 04, 02:27 AM
Brian Gregory [UK]

"Aki Peltola" wrote in message

Is that beta, or howcome 9.0b still seems to be the latest
official DX I can find from www.microsoft.com/directx ?

You can get to it from www.microsoft.com/directx without too much effort
so I assume it's a release version.

(Click on the 90b download on the first page then on "DirectX" on the
left side then look under featured downloads on lower right)

--

Brian Gregory (In the UK).

To email me remove the letter vee.

Old July 27th 04, 03:21 AM
OppyLock

"Paul Murphy" wrote in message
"Russell" rsullivan@tastycomputersdotcom_replace_dot_with_" ." wrote in
message news:HscNc.34282$eM2.11898@attbi_s51...

Russell Sullivan
http://tastycomputers.com

Thanks for the heads-up and link! I just hope Microsoft have actually gone
to the trouble of incorporating the PAL/SECAM TV Tuner fix for Win2k/XP
(previously available as a hotfix for 9.0b) into this build.

Paul

Yes ! I believe that they have. I did a vanilla re-install of XP with SP2
(with dx90c) on the weekend and after adding the Catalyst 4.7's everything
was working as advertised. AIW 9800 PAL (in OZ).
I used to have to add the patch you mentioned to get the tuner to behave.

It must be time to upgrade again now that all my bits n' pieces are becoming
supported OOTB.

Old July 27th 04, 04:23 AM
Inglo

On 7/26/2004 11:55 AM Russell brightened our day with:

Installed 9.0c, it hasn't done anything evil, yet.
Nothing interesting to report with my 9800 Pro.

--
Steve [Inglo]
Old July 27th 04, 04:56 AM
NoRemorse

[...]