Aquamark 03

Old September 20th 03, 01:57 PM
John David Carter

"fish" wrote in message
. net...
Hey John,

My office PC has a GF4 Ti4600 (45.23 driver(Win-XP))on an NF2 board,
XP2600+, 2 sticks of Corsair XMS2700. Nothing overclocked but its tweaked
and runs very fast. I'm using a Promise FastTrack TX2000 with mirrored
ATA100 IBM drives.

Aquamark3 scores very poorly!!
Sco 18329
CPU: 5807
GFX: 2175
Average FPS: 18.33
TPS: 6108 K

Games based on DX9 will be totally unplayable at 1024 X 768, medium

quality
and with NO FSAA/AF. Maybe at 800 X 600 and still with no FSAA/AF.

Crazy?!

The GF Ti4xxx card series is arguably the best dx8 card series, but that
does no good for dx9...

Sigh...

Old September 20th 03, 02:04 PM
John David Carter

"fish" wrote in message
. net...
I agree. Although after playing games at 1600 X 1200 for so long, I find

the
jagged edges at 1024 X 768 sort of unacceptable.

I WANT to run FSAA and/or AF and at that my average frame rate is only

about
35 with a low of 10 and a high of 125.

That's hardly fast enough - its actually NOT fast enough but it will do

and
I'm running an overclocked 9700 Pro and an Overclocked Pentium 4 at almost
3.3GHz (1Ghz FSB)!

Anything much less is hardly playable without FSAA and AF no less with.

Well, yes...

Software will always be able to outstrip hardware, but that is a good
thing...

It means newer, faster cards! I to wish for full effects at a minimum 60fps
( well, 85fps to match my monitor refresh - it's kinda old - off lease
rules! ), but I remember my integrated video days and then getting my ATI
9000pro! Well, I will tell you we are just *so* spoiled! Intel/AMD,
nVidia/ATI - see the parallel? People want the Intel to have the AMD
efficiency, what a killer chip that would be! nVidia gross speed with ATI
shaders!

Sigh...

Next-gen of both will probably meet somewhere in the middle...

But,

they *still* won't *really* be fast enough...

HL14, Doom57, UT2007...

Old September 23rd 03, 12:22 AM
Mike P

Bull****
No way you're as much of an idiot as your posts are making you look.

"Amsterdamage" wrote in message
"MikeE" wrote in message
.. .
GFX 5793