scan.hta file/dvd errors?

Old July 27th 05, 07:38 PM
Leanin' Cedar

Default scan.hta file/dvd errors?

My roommate brought home a PowerPoint DVD from work.

I put it in the DVD Player for him and kept getting a NAV Malicious Script
error. Something to do with producer files.

He ended up playing it from the .htm file on the DVD

I now get a "no disk in drive H:\ " error each time I try to shut down the
PC. Could this be related to a file or setting that was put on my HDD by
running that app.?

WinXP home SP2

Thanks
Bob

Old July 27th 05, 11:41 PM
S.Lewis

"Leanin' Cedar" wrote in message
news
My roommate brought home a PowerPoint DVD from work.

I put it in the DVD Player for him and kept getting a NAV Malicious Script
error. Something to do with producer files.

He ended up playing it from the .htm file on the DVD

I now get a "no disk in drive H:\ " error each time I try to shut down the
PC. Could this be related to a file or setting that was put on my HDD by
running that app.?

WinXP home SP2

Thanks
Bob

Bob,

Yes. I'd guess the error is related to the DVD disc and NAV warning.
Perhaps Norton or some other program is still attempting to access the disc.

What happens after a system restore to a date *before* the disc was
inserted?

(start/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore ...)

Stew

Old July 28th 05, 01:10 AM
Leanin' Cedar

The shutdown error only happens when I use some software to write files or
play a DVD. Somewhere in my google searches on Sunday I came across a
posting about a file that was put on the C:\ drive by the "producer"
software and deleting that would take care of error messages.

Back to Google from Sunday.

I do not use system restore. I do a Ghost Image to an external drive every
Saturday, and I use Retrospect to an external drive daily. (let the posts
begin about the error of my ways).

I think I will go to a PowerPoint group and see if I can get an idea there.

Thanks
Bob

.. .

Old July 28th 05, 01:15 AM
S.Lewis

"Leanin' Cedar" wrote in message
ink.net...
The shutdown error only happens when I use some software to write files or
play a DVD. Somewhere in my google searches on Sunday I came across a
posting about a file that was put on the C:\ drive by the "producer"
software and deleting that would take care of error messages.

Back to Google from Sunday.

I do not use system restore. I do a Ghost Image to an external drive every
Saturday, and I use Retrospect to an external drive daily. (let the posts
begin about the error of my ways).

I think I will go to a PowerPoint group and see if I can get an idea
there.

Thanks
Bob

Bob,

All that's wonderful and I may misunderstand; but a Windows 'system
restore' is not to be confused with the Dell (full) hard drive image
restore.

Two different animals.

The system restore I recommended would not cause any data loss; only a
reinstall of any apps installed after the restore date.

Good luck.

Stew

Old July 28th 05, 02:12 AM
Leanin' Cedar

Maybe I have it wrong about system restore. I have my HDD in four
partitions, and when I first got the PC I used system restore, and since my
apps are on drive E:\ I had to reinstall all of my apps except for the few
that do not give an install option. I used the Windows XP system restore not
an image restore. Maybe I had it setup wrong. Anyway I have not used it for
about four years, maybe I am just pressing my luck.

Bob

C1 and C2 errors James Perrett Cdr 10 April 14th 04 08:08 AM
Solution for strange graphics errors (long) Henrik Stavnshøj Ati Videocards 0 April 9th 04 12:21 PM
Can't install any OS (hardware fault?) Paul Richard Homebuilt PC's 4 September 27th 03 12:55 PM
How concerned should I be about these Nero CD-Speed C2 errors? Robert Hancock Cdr 5 August 19th 03 12:34 AM
Update: Memtest86 errors Bob Davis Gigabyte Motherboards 2 August 3rd 03 06:27 AM