Removing Icon from Control Panel

Old January 15th 05, 04:21 PM
kony

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:07:21 -0500, "Jimmy"
wrote:

I have left over Icon in my Control Panel I would like to remove. It is the
'AudioHQ' Icon from an install of Creative PCI512 SoundBlaster. I have since
replaced this with a SB Audigy Gamer. This Icon will just sits there and
does not respond and does not appear in Add/Remove application. By searching
the registry I see many Creative folders including the PCI512 and AudioHQ
folder but I don't want to just delete them. I was hoping there was a direct
regs key I could remove that was responsible for this dead Icon.

TIA
J.

Do a file search for "*.cpl" and select, move the offensive
file somewhere (like the recycling bin). Then try opening
Control Panel. If it still works, you've verified that you
moved the correct file, then completely delete it.
Old January 15th 05, 08:38 PM
Jimmy

wrote:

[...]

Thanks. That was simple.