52.16 and Win98

Old November 5th 03, 05:20 PM
BF

Default 52.16 and Win98

Are there 52.16 drivers for Win98?

Old November 5th 03, 05:52 PM
Kai Robinson

All support for Windows 98 has been dropped - since its over 5 years old
now - Upgrade to Win2k!

Kai

"BF" wrote in message
.. .
Are there 52.16 drivers for Win98?

Old November 5th 03, 06:16 PM
Stefan Sommereyns

"BF" wrote in message
.. .
Are there 52.16 drivers for Win98?

They are coming, be patient.

Stefan.

Old November 5th 03, 11:20 PM
mimayin

brudda, check

http://www.techconnect.ws/modules.ph...ticle&sid=3100

"BF" wrote in message
.. .
Are there 52.16 drivers for Win98?

Old November 7th 03, 08:16 AM
Darthy

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 16:20:59 GMT, "BF" wrote:

Are there 52.16 drivers for Win98?

YES... but not on Nvidias site... I guess not WHQL...

You can get them from places like Major Geeks...

I was using 30.82 which was MORE stable than 44.xx

But HALO didn't like the older drivers... the 52.16 drivers on Win98
are not perfect, image quality looks worse / odd with games like UT-1.

If *I* didnt play HALO - I'd go back to the 30.82.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old November 7th 03, 04:02 PM
Fred

I would agree about the 52.xx drivers for WIN98. I tried them on my FX
5900.

Aquamark score was about 44k vs 39k. Nice.

But the image quality was worse. And to make it intolerable, some
"stuttering" was introduced. It did it on games, and in Aquamark. I
managed to go back to the 42.xx level and all is well.

Old November 7th 03, 04:44 PM
Nonotme

A lot of us out here still use W98 and (heaven help us WinME) and need
decent updated drivers for our Nvidia cards. If Nvidia isn't going to
support these OSs then maybe it is time to switch loyalties. At least ATI
puts out new driver updates for W98/ME, so far. We have two Nvidia cards ,
a GeForce 4 Ti4200 and a Geforce 3 and have decided to switch at our next
purchase which is going to replace the GeForce 3.

"BF" wrote in message
.. .
Are there 52.16 drivers for Win98?

Old November 11th 03, 04:49 AM
Someguy

Why do people talk such ****?

Old November 12th 03, 08:32 AM
Fred

To me WIN98SE was the choice a year ago for my home built system.

Four reasons:

1) I know it. I have XP on my laptop and it seems ok, but I know WIN98SE
better.
2)Seems stable enough for me.
3)Gaming. My major game, Mechwarrior, is much more stable under FAT32 than
NTFS.
4)I listen to Audible.com audiobooks. The best device for this ever was the
RIO 500 MP3 Player. I have three I use. I have not been able to find an XP
driver for this.

"Yves Leclerc" wrote in message
There will a time that Windows 98 support will be dis-continued with the
drivers. Microsoft no longer supports Windows 98.

Y.

,
a GeForce 4 Ti4200 and a Geforce 3 and have decided to switch at our

next
purchase which is going to replace the GeForce 3.

"BF" wrote in message
.. .
Are there 52.16 drivers for Win98?