Radeon 9800 Pro vs AIW 9800

Old October 12th 03, 02:56 AM
J.Clarke

Default Radeon 9800 Pro vs AIW 9800

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 04:18:03 GMT
darius wrote:

pls look at this page

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...y&catalog=48&m
anufactory=1126&DEPA=0

Scroll down to 9800 PRO. It seems for $364 I can get the 9800 Pro but
for $15 I can get the 9800 AIW, which gives me a TV tuner and capture
card. That doesn't seem right. Is the 9800 in the AIW a lesser 9800
than the one in the Pro?

I'm sorry, you've lost me. For $15? Did you leave a word or digit out?

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old October 12th 03, 10:59 AM
J.Clarke

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:17:07 GMT
"John Hall" wrote:

Sounds like the 9800 AIW is the non pro version of the card which
would explain the price difference. I would go for it anyway. The
non pro version of the card still beats the 9700 pro and has updated
DX 9 architecture. Go for it.

Did you check the link he provided? There is no All-in-wonder other
than the pro listed on that site.

JK

Old October 13th 03, 01:00 PM
J.Clarke

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 15:19:49 GMT
darius wrote:

"J.Clarke" wrote in

pls look at this page

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&catalog
=48&m anufactory=1126&DEPA=0
Scroll down to 9800 PRO. It seems for $364 I can get the 9800 Pro
but for $15 I can get the 9800 AIW, which gives me a TV tuner and
capture card. That doesn't seem right. Is the 9800 in the AIW a
lesser 9800 than the one in the Pro?

I'm sorry, you've lost me. For $15? Did you leave a word or digit
out?

Sorry, try this

http://tinyurl.com/qn0s

this only shows the 9800 PRO

summary:

AIW 9800 BULK $361
9800 RETAIL $364
AIW 9800 RETAIL $379

ALL of these have the PRO designation. Interestingly, the retail
version is non refundable. If the difference between retail and bulk
is a nice box and additional software, I'd go with the bulk for the
refund possibility. If the AIW is really same card as the 9800, seems
like a no brainer to get the AIW.

Gotcha--$15 difference you meant.

Whether you go with the AIW or the regular really depends on whether
you'd rather have dual-monitor support or TV-in and a tuner.