A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » Video Cards » Ati Videocards
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Latest ATI Control Panel causes keyboard problems

Old June 25th 03, 01:40 PM
Power Costs Inc
external usenet poster

Default Latest ATI Control Panel causes keyboard problems

I've noticed some problems too. My local machine seems OK, but when I installed the latest control panel (control-panel-7-88-030430m-008946c-efg.exe) and use XP's remote desktop I get the behaviors you describe. Arrow keys are all sent as if the shift key was pressed. Turn num lock off and arrow keys are all sent with no shift (even if shift is pressed). You get navigation or selection, but not both. It makes remote desktop about worthless. I've rolled back to my old drivers for now...

Hopefully this post makes it into the search engines because it took a long time for me to figure out what happened. If I hadn't used remote desktop before (successfully), I would have probably figured it was just a problem with remote desktop. I wouldn't normally suspect a video card control panel to affect the keyboard behavior.

-Bill.

"Les" wrote in message ...

This STILL hasn't been fixed with the latest 3.5 driver suite. ATI please do something about it.

The latest ATI Control Panel with file atiptaxx.exe version 6.14.10.5006 causes keyboard problems in other programs when using XP. I noticed this when trying to delete a command button from a form in my VB IDE. If the Num Lock is on and you try to delete the button with the Delete key, the current property of the button is deleted instead of the button. This does not happen when the Num Lock key is off. Running a keyboard test shows the left shift key being operated when any of the Insert, Delete, Home, End, PageUp, PageDown and cursor keys are pressed with Num Lock on.

The problem is with the latest atiptaxx.exe file because if you end it's process everything works normally again. The keyboard also works normally after installing the previous version of control panel.

ATI please fix it.

Old July 16th 03, 03:06 AM
CrumbY
external usenet poster

Pb. always present with 3.6 .......