Laptop Memory

Old July 4th 04, 12:51 AM

Default Laptop Memory

I have the model 450 sx4 and have 256mb or RAM.......I wanted to upgrade to
make things run better. What is the maximum size chip that I can install on
the laptop? Memory intensive programs really slow my computer down. Will
just another 256mb of ram be sufficient?

Thanks,
Russ

Old July 4th 04, 12:56 AM
Ben Myers

Check the specs for your notebook on the Gateway web site. As a rule with most
but not all notebook computers, if your system is currently outfitted with a
single 256MB SODIMM and you see another empty SODIMM socket, you can upgrade to
512MB... Ben Myers

Old July 4th 04, 01:58 AM
TR

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 23:51:15 GMT, wrote:

Will
just another 256mb of ram be sufficient?

I have a customized 450 sx4 which came with 256meg. I added another
256meg from Crucial for a total of 512meg. It seems to handle Autocad
with no problems even doing 3D Rotations which is number crunching to
the max.

I would think that there would be more problems associated with slow
laptop HD RPM limits than problems with not being able to stuff enough
mem in these laptops.

I think 512 will handle just about everything you can throw at a
laptop.

Regards,
TR
Old July 4th 04, 02:17 AM
Edward J. Neth

Max is 2X256 MByte PC2100 soDIMMs.
Assuming you're running XP, 512 MBytes will help significantly.