What happen if the PSU can not meet the graphic card's requirement?

Old September 4th 04, 04:55 PM
Alan

Default What happen if the PSU can not meet the graphic card's requirement?

What happen if the PSU can not meet the graphic card's requirement? thanks!

Old September 4th 04, 05:08 PM
Nefilim

You _may_ get away with it if the PSU is good quality, if not, see what
happened to me in the following post:

"BFG 6800 Ultra - Machine rebooting / locking / suffering white glitches on
screen after installation?"

Old September 4th 04, 06:25 PM
Larry Roberts

wrote:

What happen if the PSU can not meet the graphic card's requirement? thanks!

I had a cheap 250W PSU that I was using when my 400W went out.
I had ordered a 520W, but while I was waiting, my GF4 Ti4400 came in.
I had a GF3 ti200 which worked fine with the 250W, but when I
installed the GF4 Ti4400, all I got was a screen with "garbage" across
it. I had to wait till the 520W PSU to come in before I could find out
if it was thee PSU, or the card that was the problem. It was the PSU.
If you have a good PSU, it may still push the card, but you
really won't know till you try it.

Old September 4th 04, 11:28 PM
Mac Cool

"Alan" said:

What happen if the PSU can not meet the graphic card's requirement?

I received an error message telling me my video card wasn't receiving
sufficient voltage and it would be throttled back until sufficient voltage
was restored.
--
Mac Cool