Inkjet for Printing Book Covers

Old June 17th 04, 06:29 AM
Marek Williams

Default Inkjet for Printing Book Covers

I am considering getting an inkjet for printing short runs of book
covers (500 or so at a time). Image size would be 11.5 inches by 18.5
inches. Stock would be 10 point. After printing the covers will be
laminated 1.5 mills. Printing will always be one side.

Needless to say, I need something that will take continuous ink
systems.

Duty cycle will average under 5,000 covers per month. Speed is not
important, but high capacity input and output trays would be a plus.

I've considered the Epson 1160, but can't find any information about
thickness of paper it can handle. That's the only printer I've
considered so far, so other suggestions are welcome. Also, if anyone
has an 1160, experience with 10 pt cover stock would be appreciated.

--
Bogus e-mail address, but I read this newsgroup regularly, so reply here.