Mobility FireGL 9000 - Open GL tab is GONE

Old October 19th 03, 04:58 PM
Mark W.

Default Mobility FireGL 9000 - Open GL tab is GONE

let me just explain that this is my first ATI card. I am using the latest
omega drivers and I no longer am able to adjust Open GL settings. There is
an extensive D3D tab but the Open GL tab is gone. The FireGL driver had no
D3D tab but it did have settings for Open GL (I understand that this card is
optimized for Open GL). Can anyone help?
I have the add-on program that comes with the Omega driver for Open GL but
that isn't the same.

TIA

Mark

Old October 19th 03, 05:19 PM
JAD

there are major differences with the fire GL....I have an much older gl3000. I dont believe that GL's use direct x at all. Gls are
for producing animation and mechanical drawing...what are you trying to do with it....if its gaming you'll be disappointed...

MARKHAM, Ontario/ Munich, Germany - September 23 2002 - ATI Technologies Inc. (TSX:ATY, NASDAQ:ATYT) today announced the MOBILITYT
FIRE GLT 9000 visual processor for mobile workstation, based on ATI's ground-breaking MOBILITYT RADEONT 9000 visual processor.
Designed for advanced CAD/CAM and digital content creation (DCC), the MOBILITY FIRE GL 9000 delivers exceptional performance,
flexibility and value.

Hailed by CAD/CAM and DCC application providers, the MOBILITY FIRE GL 9000 offers design professionals stable workstation-class
graphics performance on a mobile platform and optimized OpenGL® drivers for lightning fast 3D and 2D graphics. With four parallel
rendering pipelines and up to 64MB of 128-bit DDR on-board integrated memory, the MOBILITY FIRE GL 9000 delivers groundbreaking
performance to power leading DCC and CAD software applications.

"The MOBILITY FIRE GL 9000 delivers desktop workstation performance combined with the flexibility of version 1.4 pixel shader
support and unparalleled power management," said Peter Edinger, Vice President and Managing Director, ATI Technologies (Europe)
GmbH. "With its raw power, rendering flexibility and anytime, anywhere mobility, it is the perfect solution for demanding digital
artists, developers and engineers who envision, design and create while on the move."

The MOBILITY FIRE GL 9000 is backed by ATI's FIRE GL development team, a dedicated group of workstation software and hardware
engineers who work closely with ATI customers and deliver fully optimized high-performance drivers. The MOBILITY FIRE GL 9000
provides users with software driver options for the most popular workstation operating environments including Windows 2000®/Windows
NT® and Linux with fully optimized OpenGL® custom extensions

Old October 19th 03, 05:24 PM
JAD

damn sent to soon............your driver is not loaded coracle....most likely because you have been using multiple driver
versions....you have to clean everything out....if you can go back in a restore point before the first change, I would try that. Let
me also say that omega drivers will not convert that card to anything more than what it was designed for..IMO...
The card was made to do design work....not play games...I'm making an assumption, as your visiting the omega site.

Old October 19th 03, 10:45 PM
Alexei Boukirev

"Mark W." wrote in
:

let me just explain that this is my first ATI card. I am using the
latest omega drivers and I no longer am able to adjust Open GL
settings. There is an extensive D3D tab but the Open GL tab is gone.
The FireGL driver had no D3D tab but it did have settings for Open GL
(I understand that this card is optimized for Open GL). Can anyone
help? I have the add-on program that comes with the Omega driver for
Open GL but that isn't the same.

On the 3D tab in the upper-left corner there is a radiobutton (choice).
Click on OpenGL. Voila, now Current Settings below shows your OpenGL
settings, and Custom... button brings panel to change them (incliding
SMARTSHADER). Think of this radiobutton as "tabs within tab". It's a
silly thing but they had to do it as they are already over the top with the
number of tabs. I'd much prefer a separate configuration utility versus
tabs in display settings.

Alexei
Old October 20th 03, 02:08 AM
Mark W.

I do not have this radiobutton
can you email me a screenshot of what you havE?

"Alexei Boukirev" wrote in message
. 4.10...
"Mark W." wrote in
:

Old October 20th 03, 02:09 AM
Mark W.

i do want to use the machine for gaming
wont the omega drive do it for me?
"JAD" wrote in message
ink.net...
coracle? heheh damn spell chkr correctly ....would be the word

ink.net...

Old October 20th 03, 02:27 AM
JAD

I do not think so......it has been my experience, and again this goes back to the 3000..that they do not do gaming well, although
the drivers are enhanced for GL...its more for rendering...again going back to the 3000, but as you can see in the description I
sent you, it mentions 'rendering' but not in the 'gaming' realm of the term.

"Mark W." wrote in message ...
i do want to use the machine for gaming
wont the omega drive do it for me?
"JAD" wrote in message
ink.net...
coracle? heheh damn spell chkr correctly ....would be the word

ink.net...