Bad connection between Inspiron 2650 and projector, why?

Old January 8th 07, 09:25 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christophe

Default Bad connection between Inspiron 2650 and projector, why?

Hello,
I had to remove (dismount) the screen of my Inspiron 2650. It became
totally unreadable. Therefore as the PC runs perfectly well otherwise I
was planning to connect it to a projector to play movie-DVD. Although
the PC connects pretty well to an external 17'' monitor, when I connect
it to 2 different projectors the following issues arise:
- i cannot get connection if I do not put a KVM switch between the PC
and the projector (not needed to connect to a standard PC display, TFT
or tube)
- when, finally connected to the projector through the KVM, the image
is fuzzy, flicks,... If I put another laptop instead of the INspiron
2650 the image is perfect.
Could it be an electrical issue on the Inspiron side after dismounting
of the monitor but then why is it ok when connecting to an external
monitor then? How can I check further?
Any clue?
Thanks a lot,
Christophe

Old January 11th 07, 07:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christophe

I have now disconnect the flat and fragile cable inside the upper part
of the Inspiron 2650(sorry i do not know its name) thinkng it could be
a bit loose, i then replug it tighter. The connection to the monitor is
now firmly established even without the KVM switch. But not to the
projectors with or without the switch, at least the upper part of the
image is flickering and more if I move a little bit the VGA connector
inside its plug in the laptop. It can become completely bumpy on the
whole area. Does someone out there know the cause of such problem? Can
it be related to the electrical ground or bad shield? But why is a
projector different then a monitor?
Thanks,
Christophe