Epson Service Software

Old June 29th 03, 01:13 PM
Fred Farkle

Default Epson Service Software

I have several service and adjustment programs for Epson inkjets.
Contact me email for details. This is not a binary newsgroup so I
can't post them here.
Paul

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 04:16:07 -0500, The village idiot
babbled:

Posted to alt.binaries.multimedia.utilities!

Don't remember where I got it, but it wasn't from the epson FTP. Many other
service software for other models can be found by crawling through
ftp://ftp.epson.com/drivers .

ice wrote in
:

Hello

I have an Epson stylus photo 870. About 6 months ago I out in a 'bad'
Epson cart which has leaked most of its ink into the workings of the
printer. As the printer is out of warrenty I got hold of the service
manual and stripped down the printer and replaced the ink soaked
parts. The only problem is that I also removed, cleaned and replaced
the printhead unit. It seemed a good idea at the time

Epson refuse to supply the service software so I can realign the head.
Can anyone out there help me here? Can anyone supply the service
software so I can realign my printhead properly and start printing in
colour again?

Thank you for you help
Ice

Old June 29th 03, 05:18 PM
ice

Hello there guys,
thanks for the replies, but I eventaully gave up on the whole repair
thing - i was spending too much time trying to fix the ****ing thing!
I think I eventually did more damage than repair

So I have just bought a new one, the 830u - yes, I am an espon sucker,
just keep on going back for more - Should be with me tues/wed and i
can start printing out photos again

Thanks for the ftp lead - I hope i will not have to use it

Cheers
Ice

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 14:48:57 +0100,
(Francis Knight) wrote:

The village idiot wrote:

Posted to alt.binaries.multimedia.utilities!

Don't remember where I got it, but it wasn't from the epson FTP. Many other
service software for other models can be found by crawling through
ftp://ftp.epson.com/drivers .

Yes! Result!
I've been looking for the same for my SP750 and SP1200 printers
Now I have it - ftp://ftp.epson.com/drivers/PHO7512ADJ.EXE

As you can see, you need to use a bit of intuition to decide
which one to grab, especially if it covers multiple printers,
but looking for 'ADJ' filters things down nicely.

Now, being a Mac user, I've just got to get a Windoze machine
of the correct vintage, with a parallel port, to use the
software.

I've peeked inside with BBEdit, and found various helpful
strings which give an idea of its capablities. Interestingly,
it does warn that charging the ink system wastes 10% of a
black cartridge, and 20% of a colour cartridge. Don't remember
Epson being so candid to Joe Public in the user manual!

Cheers,
Francis K.