P2B-LS max CPU and Hard Drive

Old January 9th 04, 05:26 AM
Al Franz

Default P2B-LS max CPU and Hard Drive

Anyone been running this board with large hard drives and/or higher end
PIII's???

I just downloaded and installed your Beta BIOS 1014.003. Were there any
upgraded CPU and/or hard drive support with this version, the ASUS web site
does not show Hard Drive max support and had no changes since version 1013.
Since I only have version 1.02 of the PCB is a P3-600mHz the maxiumum this
board will handle, according to the ASUS web site, though as I said it
doesn't appear to consider the beta BIOS? How large of Hard Drive will it
recognize in the BIOS, currently have an 80Gig. Will it recognize 120GB,
160GB, 200GB ??

Old January 9th 04, 05:58 AM
P2B

Al Franz wrote:

Anyone been running this board with large hard drives and/or higher end
PIII's???

I just downloaded and installed your Beta BIOS 1014.003. Were there any
upgraded CPU and/or hard drive support with this version, the ASUS web site
does not show Hard Drive max support and had no changes since version 1013.
Since I only have version 1.02 of the PCB is a P3-600mHz the maxiumum this
board will handle, according to the ASUS web site, though as I said it
doesn't appear to consider the beta BIOS? How large of Hard Drive will it
recognize in the BIOS, currently have an 80Gig. Will it recognize 120GB,
160GB, 200GB ??

If you were using a SCSI drive and the onboard controller, there would
be no disk size limit AFAIK, but the 1014.003 BIOS will allow you to run
IDE drives up to 128GB, larger than 1013 supports.

The latest BIOS also adds support for Tualatin processors up to 1.4Ghz,
but they are only an option for you in conjunction with a Powerleap
adapter which can supply the ~1.5v required by these processors - your
1.02 board cannot supply less than 1.8v.

You can run any 100Mhz FSB S370 Coppermine PIII processor (up to 1.1Ghz)
using an Upgradeware Slot-T adapter with the voltage jumpers set to
1.8v, and should be able to overclock to 112Mhz FSB, which is the most
your rev 1.02 board can manage.

HTH

P2B