AMD 64 system, what board ram ect, just want the fasted PC :)

Old February 26th 04, 04:08 PM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

Default AMD 64 system, what board ram ect, just want the fasted PC :)

Some idea how how much i can overlock the system you choose would be
nice to, thanks.

Old February 26th 04, 10:02 PM
Daniel P

the board i recomned is the MSI K8T-NeoFis2r
It got a VIA K8t-800 chipset
can't help you with the ram, but i prefeer kingston tech. but thats me i
got an kingston. tech PC3200 512mb
straight from kingston tech.

--
Duck Tape Is Alot Like Star Wars. It Has
Both A Dark Side And A Light Side.

Old February 26th 04, 11:45 PM
Scotter

If you are thinking about building an FX-51 system, here is some possibly
helpful info:

The system I built over a month ago and comments about these parts:

AMD 64 FX-51 (2.2ghz) ($733)
MSI K8T800 Master-Far2 board (DO NOT GET an SK8N-based board - get SK8V or
K8T800)
Antec True 480 power supply -- even has SATA power cables
Lian PC-70 case -- AWESOME CASE and yes expensive but worth every penny
Nvidia GeForce FX5950 Ultra -- ATI 9800XT is faster but I bought the
supposedly quieter card
Corsair XMS PC3200 registered ECC (2) 512's RAM = 1 gig -- not the very
fastest but fast enough for me. I hear Mushkin makes the best RAM.
Mirrored (2) 160 gig SATA Seagate Cheetah drives -- chose not to stripe -
chose to mirror for data safety. If you want best hard drive performance,
STRIPE two fast drives and put your OS and Applications on them and put your
data on a third drive that relies on separate controller.
Windows XP Professional -- yay

The system runs XP as flawless as my last setup did which was based on a
Dual AMD 1800+.