Fan speed control with Forceware 169.02

Old December 11th 07, 05:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

Default Fan speed control with Forceware 169.02

Just realized that the reason I've run into a few hard lockup issues (in
F.E.A.R.)with my new 8800GT is that the fan control doesn't ramp up at all
in 3D games, just stays at the regular 2D 29% and that's it. I'm using
Rivatuner to set the fan at a fixed 75% in 2D/3D, but when use Rivatuner to
set autocontrol of the fan, it still doesn't ramp above stock 2D. Is this a
known driver issue or am I missing something here? Should I be using older
drivers?

Old December 11th 07, 10:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Franky

"Augustus" wrote in message
Just realized that the reason I've run into a few hard lockup issues (in
F.E.A.R.)with my new 8800GT is that the fan control doesn't ramp up at all
in 3D games, just stays at the regular 2D 29% and that's it. I'm using
Rivatuner to set the fan at a fixed 75% in 2D/3D, but when use Rivatuner
to set autocontrol of the fan, it still doesn't ramp above stock 2D. Is
this a known driver issue or am I missing something here? Should I be
using older drivers?

it's an issue with the 8800GT's apparently - Rivatuner is the 'kind-of' fix,
not sure
whether they'll fix this with drivers, perhaps someone else can tell us?

Old December 11th 07, 01:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Man-wai Chang ToDie

Just realized that the reason I've run into a few hard lockup issues (in
F.E.A.R.)with my new 8800GT is that the fan control doesn't ramp up at all
in 3D games, just stays at the regular 2D 29% and that's it. I'm using

Are you using XFX 8800GT?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.23.9
Old December 11th 07, 03:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

"Man-wai Chang ToDie" wrote in message
Just realized that the reason I've run into a few hard lockup issues (in
F.E.A.R.)with my new 8800GT is that the fan control doesn't ramp up at
all in 3D games, just stays at the regular 2D 29% and that's it. I'm
using

Are you using XFX 8800GT?

No, a Galaxy 8800GT.

Old December 12th 07, 02:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos[_2_]

Augustus wrote:
Just realized that the reason I've run into a few hard lockup issues (in
F.E.A.R.)with my new 8800GT is that the fan control doesn't ramp up at all
in 3D games, just stays at the regular 2D 29% and that's it. I'm using
Rivatuner to set the fan at a fixed 75% in 2D/3D, but when use Rivatuner to
set autocontrol of the fan, it still doesn't ramp above stock 2D. Is this a
known driver issue or am I missing something here? Should I be using older
drivers?

169.21 betas are out, give em a shot. Barring any manufacturer specific
problems (like their BIOS), I would think driver level fan control
would be a #1 priority for any 8800.
Old December 21st 07, 07:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Peter

There are two way to fix that:
1) flash video bios with a new updated fan fix bios. risky imho
2) drivers dont fix it but Rivatuner does if you set it up right.
there is a tutorial on guru3d.com. Make sure you dont have other
programs controlling the fan at the same time. poof If anyone has the fan
figures from the new bios they may post them.

Old December 22nd 07, 05:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Sam

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:04:19 GMT, "Peter"
wrote:

There are two way to fix that:
1) flash video bios with a new updated fan fix bios. risky imho

Only if you're a dork. Easy as pie

Sam