screen flashes to black every once in a while

Old January 21st 05, 07:49 PM
Kill Bill

"Reckless" wrote in message

"hrpuffnstuff" wrote in
message ...
I have the exact same problem with my geforce Ti4200. All was fine
until I installed SP2, and then I started having intermittent flashes
where my screen would go blank for a second and then come back on. I
noticed it happening when opening windows or scrolling. I have tried
all the drivers from the website (I am currently using 6693), even
previous drivers that I never had a problem with. I have reformatted
my hard drive, and I still have the flashing issue only after
installing SP2. I am convinced it is an issue that surfaced as a
result of installing SP2, but I have exhausted all of my
troubleshooting ideas. If anyone has any ideas, I'd sure appreciate
hearing them.

HRP

Same problem with me. 4200 with Win2K SP4 & 61.77 drivers. Connected via
DVI
to a LG TFT running 1280x1024 32bit 60Hz

Deleting the video file reg keys helps a lot. More info here...
http://www.techimo.com/forum/showthr...=117062&page=1