Rogue Spear planning...

Old February 17th 04, 04:36 PM
StreetMedic

Default Rogue Spear planning...

We may as well get the "live in the now" jokes out of the way first...
:-D

Anyway, I just went back and reinstalled/patched Rogue Spear on a Win 2k
box. Viddie card is an nVidia FX 5700U with the latest 53.03s. DirectX is
up to date.

Anyone run into an odd graphics glitch in the "planning" window of the
mission setup phase? On my machine the actual floor-plan remains clear
while all *other* titles/buttons onscreen initially come up clear, then
rapidly "blur" to illegibility within a second or two. Anyone who has seen
this will probably know exactly what I'm trying to describe. \crosses
fingers

This occurs nowhere else in the game, and it otherwise runs without
problem. This is the first time I've run into this with this app. Past
play-throughs have not done this, and this is the only game on my system
misbehaving in this way.

It has stubbornly defied all of my meager attempts at trouble-shooting,
although, admittedly, I have not been so motivated as to try more invasive
(read: "messy") stuff like rolling back video drivers and what-have-you.
Some skims through ReadMes and brief scanning in the usual online stops have
turned up no clues. I was just wondering if anyone here has encountered
this before, or had any insights into what the hell is going on.

Thanx in advance...

S-M

Old February 21st 04, 12:19 AM
Alan

"StreetMedic" wrote in message
[...]

with this game you MUST use old drivers
i used to play it on my geforce 4 mx440 and i remember having to use 30.82
or 29.10 drivers... that fixes it but isnt much good for your graphics card
:-|

alan