Whats my entry level card after....

Old September 17th 03, 04:41 PM
Andrew Poyser

Default Whats my entry level card after....

a ge-force 3 gladiac elsa? now do i go for a gainward golden sample 780xp
(5600 flip chip) or do i go for a radeon 9700 pro anything above and i start
getting a little skint.

thanks in advance... :-)

Old September 17th 03, 05:04 PM
methylenedioxy

"Andrew Poyser" wrote in message
a ge-force 3 gladiac elsa? now do i go for a gainward golden sample 780xp
(5600 flip chip) or do i go for a radeon 9700 pro anything above and i

start
getting a little skint.

thanks in advance... :-)

Radeon 9700 pro, beats a 5600 hands down.....

Old September 17th 03, 06:00 PM
Lenny

Radeon 9700 pro, beats a 5600 hands down.....

Isn't it also considerably more expensive...? I mean, 9700 Pro was a
flagship product just six months ago, so it's hardly entry level really.
Maybe the 9600 (Pro) would be a better comparison to the 5600 (Ultra)

Old September 17th 03, 08:19 PM
Passion_Pilot

Lenny wrote:
Radeon 9700 pro, beats a 5600 hands down.....

Isn't it also considerably more expensive...? I mean, 9700 Pro was a
flagship product just six months ago, so it's hardly entry level
really. Maybe the 9600 (Pro) would be a better comparison to the 5600
(Ultra)

And costs a bit less in most cases. I picked up a made-by-ati 9600 pro
yesterday for $165.00 (USD) and I got an FX 5600 (256 meg non-ultra) for
someone last week for $220.00 (USD). Unless I wanted it for a linux box, I
think I would choose the 9600 pro over an FX-5600 Ultra.

Old September 17th 03, 08:43 PM
Jethro[AGHL]

Passion_Pilot wrote:

Lenny wrote:
Radeon 9700 pro, beats a 5600 hands down.....

Isn't it also considerably more expensive...? I mean, 9700 Pro was a
flagship product just six months ago, so it's hardly entry level
really. Maybe the 9600 (Pro) would be a better comparison to the 5600
(Ultra)

And costs a bit less in most cases. I picked up a made-by-ati 9600 pro
yesterday for $165.00 (USD) and I got an FX 5600 (256 meg non-ultra) for
someone last week for $220.00 (USD). Unless I wanted it for a linux box, I
think I would choose the 9600 pro over an FX-5600 Ultra.

Canadian Prices:
ATI 9600 Pro: $277
MSI FX5600 256 (non ultra): $257
--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Phat Clan: http://phats.clanpages.com
Old September 17th 03, 10:53 PM
methylenedioxy

Well, I got my brand new Hercules 9700 Pro for £170, taken out of the packet
in front of me when bought, so it's a matter of hunting around. I wouldn't
even consider a 5600 ultra, no way. The 9600 Pro is the VERY least I would
buy, but bearing in mind I bought my brand new 9700 pro for £30 more than
the 9600, it wasn't an option to buy a 9600 pro

Old September 18th 03, 01:48 PM
Andrew Poyser

i live in the UK and was wondering where you got the hercules 9700 pro i ve
looked everywhere and hav no luck. They all seem to be about £210+ unless i
bid on ebay.
let me know where you got it from and have they any more?

cheers

Old September 18th 03, 04:05 PM
methylenedioxy

"Andrew Poyser" wrote in message
i live in the UK and was wondering where you got the hercules 9700 pro i

ve
looked everywhere and hav no luck. They all seem to be about £210+ unless

bid on ebay.
let me know where you got it from and have they any more?

I bought mine from someone in a newsgroup, they nicked a 256mb Firegl from
work and had never installed the 9700 pro so I bought it for £170
Like I say, was lucky

PCI PVR card for use with Dish Network DBS? Dave C. Homebuilt PC's 4 June 21st 04 07:03 PM
Please Help Mary Ati Videocards 36 February 29th 04 07:28 PM
Video card for Asus CUSL2 Kamal Asus Motherboards 2 January 28th 04 06:03 PM
A7N266-E Crashing during games on XP. Sound card related? weems Asus Motherboards 11 January 7th 04 02:24 AM
Need your advice on a TV tuner card RoamDog Ati Videocards 7 December 20th 03 11:41 PM