Performance problems with Geforce 256 and XP HELP!!!

Old August 2nd 03, 06:33 PM
Javier Marcelo

Default Performance problems with Geforce 256 and XP HELP!!!

Hi. I'm having problems with the performance of my Nvidia Geforce 256 on
Windows XP. I installed Win XP Professional yesterday. I was a user of Win98
and never had this problem before, neither in Linux.
I installed Win XP, then the latest Detonator drivers for XP, and
everything went fine. The problem is that with EVERY application I run,
being 2D or 3D, the image seems to run fine, and then stops for a
milisecond, and then continues to play well. An example: running a movie in
Windows Media Player, it plays good for about half a second, and then stops
for a short time, and then plays for another half second and so on. The same
goes for any other application: Games (for example, bzflag behaves the same,
or quake 3), or for my TV reception card. Every program shows this
behaviour, even minimizing or dragging windows does this.
My system is a PIII 733Mhz, 384 Mb RAM, Windows XP Professional, Geforce
256 32 Mb.
Even downgrading to another older drivers doesn't help.
Does anybody knows a solution?.
Thank you very much in advance, and excuse my english (I'm spanish).
Javier Marcelo

Old August 3rd 03, 01:34 PM
Javier Marcelo

"Jibby" escribió en el mensaje
reinstall dx

Did it. No improvements. Also installed what Windows update told me and
the same keeps happening. Any other suggestions?.