FS2004 and FX5200 problem

Old August 3rd 03, 12:45 PM
Mario Kadastik

Default FS2004 and FX5200 problem

Mario Kadastik wrote:
Hello,

I just installed FS2004. The installation was just fine and it started
up fine as well. So I hit all the settings to max and created a flight.
First thing that shocked me was that all the cockpit panels are just
black. When I open the GPS viewer or anything else, they are also black.
The outside view and virtual cocpit views are just fine and the game is
playable without problems, but it's just quite impossible to play if you
don't see the cockpits.

I searched around to find some help, but didn't until I finally looked
at FS2004 news tab (in game). Apparently it loads some page from
microsoft and on it the last news was that I would have to use detonator
44.67 or later on an FX series card for some 2D panels to work. They
also said that nVidia should give out 44.67 starting July 31. Today it's
Aug 3. and we don't have official 44.67 yet. I have tried 44.71A from
ASUS and 45.20 from guru3d (which actually installed 44.67 drivers for
some reason). I will yet try 44.90, but until now there has been no effect.

I have also tried setting all settings to as low as possible and disable
HW render features as much as possible, but this hasn't helped. When I
start the game in Safe mode (read: software render), then all the panels
are there.

My conf:
Asus V9520/Magic - FX5200 128MB
Asus A7V333 with Kingston PC2700 memory (768MB)
Athlon XP 1700+
DirectX 9b
Compaq S920 monitor
Windows XP SP1+all updates

any ideas what's the problem as it seems to be playing just fine for
others (some forums I have read have all gotten it to play)???

Mario

Update: tried also removing all drivers (asus and nvidia) with detonator
r.i.p and installed 44.90 ... no difference...

Mario

Old August 3rd 03, 02:40 PM
Mario Kadastik

Well it seems that 45.20 on second try worked. For some reason it
installed 44.67 last time I tried it.

Fixed now, but the performance of 45.20 is not the same as with 44.* (a
bit slower)

Mario

Craig wrote:
Get the latest 45.20 driver from Guru3d
http://download.guru3d.com/pafiledb....on=file&id=650
and this will solve your missing panel problem! Works great with FS2204.

Regards Craig