Ati X800 cards in the stores next week ?. Ha, ha..... I have a bridge.......

Old May 5th 04, 08:32 AM
John Lewis

Default Ati X800 cards in the stores next week ?. Ha, ha..... I have a bridge.......

I note the Ati statement about shipping the X800 Pro next week
and the X800 XT Platinum by May 21..........

Maybe in Canada... Certainly not in the US.

Log on to the Ati website and see if you can order any version of the
X800 from the USA list. There are 3 X800 sources listed: Ati, Best
Buy, CompUSA. Neither the Best Buy, nor CompUSA links lead to
anything but the top level of their sites -- burrowing down, no sign
of the X800, just the 9800 downwards... On Ati, the card can be
ordered with 5-7 day delivery from the ship date for the X800 @ $449
( plus shipping ), but no ship date is listed anywhere.

In fact I did a little experiment on the ATi site ... filled in all
the details for ordering their X800 Pro, up to entering my credit-card
number --- still no sign of any proposed ship date !! Very fishy....

The price of the 9800XT/256 on the Ati site is still $499 US.
Is that price going to suddenly drop to $299 next week ? No sign of
any X800 deliveries to Newegg either, and Newegg's price is ~ $449
for the 9800XT 256. ( And the 9800 FireGL DDR2 @ $759 !!!).
I could see Newegg just being a little pi**ed off having to suddenly
drop 9800XT 256 prices by ~ $150 (probably to well below dealer- cost)
to make room for the X800 Pro at $399. --- lots of returns of 9800 XT
of all types by retailers to Ati.............

I vaguely remember the overheated Ati marketing machine making the
exact-same statement that the 9700 was shipping to "stores next week"
when it first came out. They eventually did arrive.. 2-3 months
later.....

Feel welcome to refute the above statements, but only when you have
had your X800 order accepted from your favorite dealer AND you have
received the Tracking Number via Fedex/UPS/Airborne........

Meanwhile, I am in the bridge-selling business..........

John Lewis

Old May 5th 04, 08:40 AM
Ed Light

"John Lewis" wrote
The price of the 9800XT/256 on the Ati site is still $499 US.
Is that price going to suddenly drop to $299 next week ? No sign of
any X800 deliveries to Newegg either, and Newegg's price is ~ $449
for the 9800XT 256.

newegg has a Saphire 9800 Pro for $210. Wow. Maybe it will go lower.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old May 5th 04, 01:38 PM
Sam Higgins

Sheesh, didn't you once accuse me of being a troll. Child. Were not even
done with having fun with out 9800 Pro's. Nvidia is a hasbeen like 3dfx.
Deal with it.

Old May 5th 04, 05:16 PM
redTed

Meanwhile, I am in the bridge-selling business..........

Trolls live under bridges, don't they John ?
You're really flailing away like a man possessed now. Why can't you just
accept the bleedin' obvious ? ATI whacks Nvidia once again.

Old May 5th 04, 07:36 PM
patrickp

On Wed, 5 May 2004 17:16:28 +0100, "redTed"
wrote:

Meanwhile, I am in the bridge-selling business..........

Trolls live under bridges, don't they John ?
You're really flailing away like a man possessed now. Why can't you just
accept the bleedin' obvious ? ATI whacks Nvidia once again.

Just to be pedantic, redTed, the term "trolls" in this context refers
to the method of angling whereby you let your baited hook float
through a swim or trail behind a boat to see what you can pick up.
Not the mythical creatures that, amongst other endearing habits, are
supposed to live under bridges. ;-)

patrickp

- take five to email me
Old May 5th 04, 08:22 PM
redTed

Meanwhile, I am in the bridge-selling business..........

Trolls live under bridges, don't they John ?
You're really flailing away like a man possessed now. Why can't you just
accept the bleedin' obvious ? ATI whacks Nvidia once again.

Just to be pedantic, redTed, the term "trolls" in this context refers
to the method of angling whereby you let your baited hook float
through a swim or trail behind a boat to see what you can pick up.
Not the mythical creatures that, amongst other endearing habits, are
supposed to live under bridges. ;-)

Cheers..but the "bridges" and "trolls" connection was too good to worry
about the finer details of angling.

Old May 5th 04, 09:55 PM
The Mice

"John Lewis" wrote in message

Meanwhile, I am in the bridge-selling business..........

John Lewis

LOL what I (honestly) see in your post is an NVIDIA fanboy
who is upset over how good the X800 cards are. I trust you
read the following?...
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjExLDEw

Why can't people be agnostic when it comes to hardware? I
judge a product on its merits, not who it is made by.

Old May 6th 04, 01:20 AM
Philburg2

Who are you calling a dork and why? Lewis is right, BB doesn't have **** on
the X800.
Is it me, or does ATI have way too many cross posters? Go talk **** on your
own board. I saw the test results, ATI only has an advantage in AA. IQ
isn't an issue, nor is the power consumption which is being blow way out of
hand.

"John Lewis" wrote in message
[...]

Owner of three blown Post Diagnostic Cards requires your help... Electronic Components Asus Motherboards 3 October 19th 04 02:33 PM
P4S533 and newer video cards question ruzicka Asus Motherboards 3 August 14th 04 03:30 PM
Please Help Mary Ati Videocards 36 February 29th 04 07:28 PM
P4P800Dlx W2K Won't Run 2 Video Cards Ken Fox Asus Motherboards 2 December 13th 03 08:29 AM
P4S333 doesn't work with Geforce 5200 or any AGP x8 cards! Oded S. Asus Motherboards 3 December 8th 03 08:42 AM