MMC 7.7 vs MMC 8.1 and beyond

Old October 27th 03, 04:26 PM
Fountainhead

Default MMC 7.7 vs MMC 8.1 and beyond

OK, after much fooling around, I am now able to capture Full MPEG-2
video at 720x480 with no dropped frames using my AIW7500. I intend to
use this PC as a dedicated PVR.

With the AIW 7500, I'm limited to MMC 7.7, unless I pay for the upgrade
to 8.1 (and subsequent releases). Is there anything worthwhile in the
releases later than 7.7 that would benefit me for my current purpose of
recording from TV, and occasional VHS copy? Any new improvements to
captures, or whiz bang features that justify purchasing the upgrade?

Thanks.
Old October 29th 03, 02:43 AM
Greg

I've had issues with Guide Plus recording when anything greater than MMC 8.1
and Cat 3.2 is installed and more issues when recording from MMC 8.7 in any
program with AIW 7500. Suspect this also relates to which Cat version is
used. Currently I've given up on Guide Plus recording and use Cat 3.8 with
MMC 8.1. Several emails to ATI have not found an answer although their tech
department personnel do not seem to talk to each other so I start from
scratch each time.