Montior won't come out of standby...

Old December 24th 03, 01:09 AM
Smeagol

Default Montior won't come out of standby...

Hi,

After ATL+tabbing from Windows XP desktop back to a game last night my
monitor flicked into standby mode and now it won't come out. I have rebooted
the machine, put a new monitor in, (works), plugged my original monitor
back, still no joy.

When I turn it on the power light goes green and I hear it click,
(resolution changing sounds), but then it flicks back into standby mode,
(amber light).

I have connected the monitor to another machine, still no joy

It's a Gateway, Diamondtron NF VX720 17" flat screen trinatron monitor. I
got it in 2001. It had been working fine, and I'd been ALT+Tabbing several
times just prior to last nights incident.

Any suggestions? It's xmas eve and I want to avoid buying a new monitor if
possible.

Thanks, Aaron.

Old December 24th 03, 02:30 AM
Smeagol

No the monitor does even work it DOS. It doesn't work at all, it's in
perpetual standby mode.

Thanks, Aaron.

Old December 24th 03, 05:38 AM
Smeagol

Sorry, that should be the monitor doesn't even work in DOS.

Aaron

Old December 24th 03, 06:41 AM
Hank

Perpetual standby = fried. Yer monitor is dead, Fred.

Old December 24th 03, 01:06 PM
MrB

If you bought it in 2001, it is probably still under warranty. Get moving on
an RMA and get it replaced....free. Go to the Gateway website.