A7N8X-deluxe or non

Old August 3rd 03, 04:43 AM
Simon-Pierre

Default A7N8X-deluxe or non

Hi all

Im going to be building a new system this fall and im defenetly gettin an
asus A7N8X board. Im having a hard time deciding which version to get,
deluxe or non. The dlx has all the extra features and all and its great for
the value, but when i look at it realisticlly, i wont be usuing any of the
otehr features. But the soundstorm audio does seem like a good value plus
the other features. But i have read reviews that the soundstorm has alittle
bit of noise and hiss and distortion when playing audio. So since the audio
is the only thing i would want out of the dlx version, then i thought i
could pickup an oem audigy 2 card, or some other and get the A7N8X(non dlx),
and all would be good. Plus when i do build a new computer again in a few
years than i would already have a great sound card. The more i think about
it the non deluxe seems more appealing. I have 2 questions; is there a
version 2.0 for the non deluxe for some reson i havent seen a review with
the 2.0 version on the non deluxe board, and what do you think about the
soundstorms audio. Any suggestions and answers would be appreciated.

Old August 3rd 03, 07:06 AM
Doug Ramage

"Simon-Pierre" wrote in message
[...]

I got the dx for the extras I wanted - SATA and Soundstorm. The latter is
better than my Turtle beach Sonic Fury sound card.

I also have a non dx board which I have not bothered to use yet.
--
Doug Ramage

Old August 3rd 03, 09:18 PM
AS

"acanofcant" wrote in message
Is the SoundStorm better than a Creative Audigy 1 card?

It depends. Mine board has own noise level somewhere between -45 and -50 dB,
while Audigy 1 about -90dB. Just checked with SoundForge. Using PC for sound
works it's unacceptable, bet just to watch video or play games it's OK.
Actually, I'm surprised as the same soft showed on another PC with a7n266-c
noise level at about -65 dB. I thought nForce 2 was an improvement in all
aspects. Or probably mine is defective?

Old August 5th 03, 01:49 AM
Simon-Pierre

ya ok great, im getting the a7n8x non-dlx, but im wondering should i wait
until the amd 64 cpu comes out and all the other motherboards, will the
prices go down fore nforce2 motherboards, and athlon xp cpus, when that
happens
"Ed" wrote in message
On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 23:43:48 -0400, "Simon-Pierre"
wrote:

[...]

I didn't need any of the extra features either and got the V2.00 non-dlx
and I love it. I'll toss a nice sound card in it later on, but for now I
can live with the onboard 6CH ALC650. ;p

Got mine from newegg.com,
Asus Motherboard for AMD Athlon/XP/Duron Processors, Model# A7N8X
(New Version, now support AMD Barton 400Mhz) Retail $99.99 free sh.
Ed

Old August 6th 03, 09:37 PM
BiG_Orange

Deluxe or bust.