Asus A7V8X - where in uk?

Old July 22nd 03, 07:27 PM
Hexhector

Default Asus A7V8X - where in uk?

Hi,
Does anyone know where I can purchase the Asus A7V8X mobo in the UK?
I was told by a local dealer that he contacted the Asus rep and that board
has been discontinued.
I don't mind buying this board second hand but I need to know if it supports
the I-Panel as I already have this.

Many companies advertise the A7V8X but when I order it, they send the
A7V8X-X which is no use to me.

Anyone know of such, then please let me know.
Thanks.

Old July 22nd 03, 09:28 PM
Paul H

er Dabs, Savastore, Komplett, Scan....
where are you looking that doesn't have it?!

Old July 22nd 03, 09:47 PM
bweebar

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:28:34 +0100, "Paul H"
wrote:

er Dabs, Savastore, Komplett, Scan....
where are you looking that doesn't have it?!

I've just gone through my shopping bookmarks, of the companies you
list, only Savastore claims to have them and I wouldn't shop there if
it was free.

--
bweebar
Old July 22nd 03, 11:20 PM
Hexhector

ok, so I found some used ones on ebuyer, thanks again bweebar, but which of
the two ive found is the one with the I-panel connector?
One is A7V8X and the other is A7V8XL (MPN 90-M7A61A-WOEAY)
Now to my knowledge both have LAN. (ethernet socket)
Searching for MPN's are a waste of time with Zero results.

Old July 23rd 03, 02:44 AM
bweebar

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 00:08:06 +0100, "rstlne" wrote:

http://www.aria.co.uk/productsList.a...&Submit=submit
they have an a7v8xR
not sure what the "R" is.. maybee that's an option on the stock board, going
by the price it looks like the raid option... send an email and ask

I assume it is the SATA RAID version too, but they show it as out of
stock which is why I didn't include it.

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/catalog...20SOC KET%20A

they have the MX version listed..

The microATX version with onboard graphics

casetech opens their doors aug 1 and they have it listed, granted this is a
new company and as such you might not be interested
http://www.casetech.co.uk/product_in...roducts_id/213

That's a new one to add to my list :-)

--
bweebar
Old July 23rd 03, 02:50 AM
bweebar

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:20:15 +0100, "Hexhector"
wrote:

ok, so I found some used ones on ebuyer, thanks again bweebar, but which of
the two ive found is the one with the I-panel connector?
One is A7V8X and the other is A7V8XL (MPN 90-M7A61A-WOEAY)
Now to my knowledge both have LAN. (ethernet socket)
Searching for MPN's are a waste of time with Zero results.

IIRC there were three options originally (not including the X, MX,
whatever versions):
A7V8X
A7V8X + SATA
A7V8X + SATA + Gigabit LAN

Audio, 10/100 LAN and firewire were the other options though all the
ones I looked at at the time had them. I assume the "L" version on
ebuyer is the first one (no SATA, no Gigabit LAN) but that doesn't
explain why it's the more expensive of the two. I think that all
versions have the iPanel connector, someone please correct me if this
is not the case.

Out of curiosity, why does it have to be an A7V8X?

--
bweebar
Old July 23rd 03, 06:55 PM
Hexhector

I want this board because after ordering everthing to go with it: AMD 2600
CPU, AGP 8X graphics card, I-Panel, DDR 400 memory and Wireless network
card. I was well peeved to receive the -X model instead.
Rendering the Graphics card (£50) I_panel (£20) wireless network card and
possibly memory, useless with the cheap budget version.

I also liked the idea of the Post Reporter and the review of it at this site
http://www.hexus.net/print.php?review=460&page=1
made me even more determined to get it.

Well ebuyer have refused to enter into discussion over the two boards they
offer. Making me think that they either havent got a clue themselves or are
simply going to pass off a -X version.

The search continues.....

Thank you for all your help folks.

Old July 24th 03, 04:16 PM
Paul H

well Savastore certainly list it, and the non X model.

Old July 27th 03, 10:47 PM
Steven Campbell

Well ebuyer have refused to enter into discussion over the two boards they
offer. Making me think that they either havent got a clue themselves or

are
simply going to pass off a -X version.

The search continues.....

Whereabouts in the UK are you?

3 of my local stores in Glasgow have them for sale. I just bought one the
other day.

www.pless.co.uk (download their PDF rather than click on Motherboard)
http://www.budgetcomputers.biz
http://www.infiniti.co.uk

There seem to be a couple of different versions of the A7V8X (without an
added letter). Mine has x8 AGP, Lan, USB 2 and the i-panel but no raid. Only
cost £53 from budget computers above. It seemed to be an OEM as there was no
box for it only the anti-static bags!!!

If you are stuck give me a shout and I can send one on for you.

Steven.

ASUS K8V Deluxe - Motherboard Andre General 2 October 13th 04 01:46 AM
Sound V heatsink on Asus A7V8X Tom Corcoran Homebuilt PC's 3 February 2nd 04 02:19 PM
Asus A7V8X And XP2500 Addition to my last post Derek Tweedie Overclocking AMD Processors 2 October 7th 03 09:46 PM
Asus A7V8X problems D Homebuilt PC's 1 August 7th 03 07:10 PM
ASUS A7V8X mobo help?? Ste4play Asus Motherboards 4 August 6th 03 03:00 AM