wake on PME or RI

Old April 7th 04, 02:13 AM
Rob

Default wake on PME or RI

i have a laptop that i want to rig to power on when i start my car. the
only thing i can think of (short of rewiring the power switch) is it
supports wake on ring from an external modem connected via the serial port.
it will wake on either a ring indicator or power mgmt event. any thoughts
on how to generate one or if there is a product i can feed 12v to that
generate one?

Old April 7th 04, 10:21 PM
Gary Tait

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 01:13:52 GMT, "Rob" wrote:

i have a laptop that i want to rig to power on when i start my car. the
only thing i can think of (short of rewiring the power switch) is it
supports wake on ring from an external modem connected via the serial port.
it will wake on either a ring indicator or power mgmt event. any thoughts
on how to generate one or if there is a product i can feed 12v to that
generate one?

Set the BIOS to turn on when poer is applied.

Old April 8th 04, 12:48 PM
Rob

in case anyone googles for the answer to this, for a db9, applying voltage
across pins 5 and 9 do the trick. voltage doesnt matter too much, anything
up to around 25v i believe is ok. (i used a 9v battery to test, will be
applying 12-14v for actual use)

"Gary Tait" wrote in message
On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 01:13:52 GMT, "Rob" wrote:

i have a laptop that i want to rig to power on when i start my car.

the
only thing i can think of (short of rewiring the power switch) is it
supports wake on ring from an external modem connected via the serial

port.
it will wake on either a ring indicator or power mgmt event. any

thoughts
on how to generate one or if there is a product i can feed 12v to that
generate one?

Set the BIOS to turn on when poer is applied.

How to switch WAKE ON LAN off Dr Effingpot General 4 January 2nd 05 01:29 PM
wake on lan and state S5 (completely power off) Lorenzo General 1 August 16th 04 11:11 AM
wake-on-lan cable goes where? James General 12 August 10th 04 02:17 AM
is this possible ? Maria General 9 December 5th 03 09:55 PM
How can I make motherboard to restart after power loss automatically? Amiran General 1 September 24th 03 11:35 PM